Apprentice Golf Greenkeeper Buckinghamshire Golf Club
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Greenkeeper to start on an apprenticeship scheme. The successful applicant will be given full training and at the end of the contract will be classed as a qualified greenkeeper.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
10 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be working within a team of 10-12 Greenkeepers initially working on basic Greenkeeping duties and then being introduced to all golf course equipment and machinery. By working within a small team over time you will gain experience and be involved in all areas of golf course maintenance and management. You must be prepared for early mornings and working in all weather conditions. The work is physically challenging and a good level of fitness will be advantageous. You will work with and be trained by successful Greenkeepers with many years of experience in varied roles within the Greenkeeping industry.
You job role will include:
- Golf course preparation
- A range of mowing
- Presenting and maintaining playing surfaces for golf
- Using and maintaining hand held / pedestrian / ride - on machinery
- Preparing and operating a tractor and attachments
- Renovating and repairing sports turf surfaces
- Preparing ground for grass / plants
- Establishing grass / plants
- Monitoring and maintaining health, safety and security
- Establishing working relationships
- Developing your personal performance
- Free uniform
- Free lunch each day
- GTC approved course and BIGGA membership
- Continued professional development
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Clear and effective communication skills
- An ability to solve problems and make effective decisions
- A willingness to learn
- A safety mindset for yourself and others
- A strong work ethic
- A flexible, positive attitude to work
Maths and English GCSE Grades A-E / Functional Skills Level 1.
By the end of the programme, the apprentice will know when, how and why the range of maintenance operations are carried out.
The career as a Golf Greenkeeper can take you wherever the game of golf is played. Working outdoors in a healthy environment, and as new countries are embracing the sport and more golf courses are being built, there is no better time to consider joining this great profession.
Things to consider
This work is physical and will require you to work in and outdoors in all weathers. You might have contact with members so will need to have a polite manner.
About the employer
Set in 226 acre of beautiful English parkland, The Buckinghamshire Golf Club comprises a Grade II listed Manor House and an 18-hole Championship golf in Denham Country Park. The golf course was established in 1992 and has recently been acquired by the Arora Group of Companies who have aspirations to improve all aspects of the club, making this a fantastic time to join the team.
BERKSHIRE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, THE (BCA)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Berkshire College of Agriculture
Sarah Hill 01628827530 email@example.com
- Golf Greenkeeper Apprenticeship Level 2 standard
Training will be on the job and one-day-a-week college day release or online programme with Berkshire College of Agriculture.
Level 2 English and maths Functional Skills (unless you possess GCSE Grades A-C / 4-9).
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.