Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator Dr O P Sharma
To provide a confident, friendly and efficient administration and reception service as part of the busy GP practice. Training will involve working alongside the existing staff in providing reception duties, being the first point of contact to the public.
Closing date: 08 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
10 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To undertake reception duties including providing a professional and friendly approach to all visitors to the surgery, ensuring that each visitor is offered a warm welcome
- To undertake administrative duties including dealing with telephone enquiries, ad-hoc visitors, data entry, filing, photocopying to ensure an efficient, professional and effective service is provided
- Accept and register new patients
- Responsible for dealing with queries and enquiries that patient presents with at reception or by telephone e.g. results, change of personal details, requests to speak to doctors or nurses
- Support electronic booking requests
- Manage the surgery’s notice boards, ensuring that all notices are current and relevant
- Provide support to the team
- Assist with queries related to prescriptions
- Providing online access to patients who request patient facing services
- Carrying out computer work, which incorporates computerised appointments, checking details of patients, checking result of tests along with completing tasks as per request
- Comply with current health and safety policies and procedures
- Strictly observe confidentiality of all information and adhere to the Data Protection Act
- Ensure high standards of data quality and comply with Greenfields Medical Practice policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Good organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Confident across a range of IT skills
- Ability to prioritise work and use own initiative
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Professional, friendly, honest and open approach with the ability to work effectively and in partnership with others both internally and externally
- Commitment and passion towards successful completion of a Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship
- Commitment to delivering excellent internal and external customer service
- Calm and professional manner
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated and highly organised.
- You will be able to work under pressure in a busy GP Practice and will have a friendly, calm and sensitive approach when dealing with the people we support.
- None specified.
- Possible progression for the right person.
About the employer
Our GP practice serves the local community across a wide range of health services just outside of the Nottingham City centre. We have a passion for excellence. Our vision and purpose are building healthier local communities and helping to make a difference in people’s lives.
Dr O P Sharma
ACCESS TRAINING (EAST MIDLANDS) LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Access Training
Luke Sharp 07478151192 luke.sharp@Atem.co.uk
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 standard - 15 months
- Functional Skills English and maths at Level 2 if required
- Full training and ongoing support provided by the employer and provider with 20% time built into the working week for study
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.