Apprentice Early Years Educator GAINFORD CARE HOMES LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to join an experienced and dedicated team of childcare professionals who will support you in gaining a qualification in childcare. We are graded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Come and join us to be the best you can be!
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2022
08 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
You will support the nursery manager and staff team in caring for and educating children from 0-5 years. You will be responsible for completing the Level 2 childcare qualification and work in the nursery to support your studies. You will need to have genuine care and concern for young children and be able to become competent with child development.
- To support in maintaining a learning environment that is safe, stimulating and supports children in their play and learning development.
- Support teaching staff in preparing and maintaining teaching resources.
- Work under the guidance of staff to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum for birth to 4 years of age.
- Work under the guidance of staff to support children’s personal, social and emotional well-being including supporting children with personal hygiene routines.
- Provide support for children during lunch time.
- Work within the polices and procedures of the school
- Work under the guidance of the teaching staff
Requirements and prospects
- Genuine care and affection of young children.
- The ability to interact appropriately with children.
- Be able to communicate with children and adults
- Be willing to learn
- Be able to understand and learn about child development and put this into practise
- Be able to contribute to the smooth running of the nursery
- Be purposefully engaged in activities and involved in children’s play
- Be able to follow instruction well and seek advice appropriately
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- To learn how to handle various situations, some difficult.
- Be enthusiastic
- Report to line manager
- Be able to complete paperwork to a high standard
- Good standard of hygiene and well presented in an appropriate manner
- Be kind, nurturing with young children
- Be outgoing, fun, happy to be with
- Want to work with young children
- Good listener
- Have empathy for children, families and colleagues
- Good communicator, both oral and written
- Good level of personal hygiene
- GCSE Maths & English 9-4, A*-C or equivalent
We are committed to ensuring all our employees are trained to a high level. You will be offered the opportunity to complete such training as first aid, food hygiene, safeguarding etc. You will receive a uniform and name badge to be part of our team. We offer time away from nursery to concentrate on your studies. You will be given a mentor to support you with your studies – this is a senior member of staff in our team with a wealth of experience. There would be an opportunity for future work at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
There may be opportunities to work offsite but this would be in the local area and under supervision of a fully qualified nursery officer.
Shift work is required. Monday – Friday 7am-6pm. Some occasional work is required on an evening such as training events or staff meetings.
About the employer
A private nursery for children aged 0-5 years. Located in Birtley, Durham. Established in 2017 and graded ‘outstanding’ with Ofsted. We offer holiday club and playgroup places.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Sunderland College
Level 3 Standard in Early Years
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.