Paint and Re-finisher Apprenticeship Carfix Garage
Apprentices will be working alongside fully qualified body paint technicians to be fully trained in preparing and painting repaired panels. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2022
06 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Vehicle Paint Technician Apprentices are trained to prepare and paint panels using approved techniques, B.S.I certification and also gaining knowledge and experience in smart repairs.
Apprentices duties will involve working with a senior paint technician to do the following:
- Dipping and spraying - spray painting involves operating a spray gun and other machinery
- They use formulas to mix the paint that goes into the spray gun
- They adjust the flow and viscosity of their paint and control the air pressure to the spray gun by adjusting the nozzle
- Other job duties include properly disposing of hazardous waste, following colour charts and removing rust
- Paint technicians must disassemble, clean and reassemble their painting equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Full training will be provided, no skills required
- A keen interest in the cars and an urge to learn about the exterior treatment of cars
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs or equivalent (A*-C/9-4 in English and maths preferable)
- A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority
- The opportunities are endless
- By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, whether it be progressing through their dealership or working towards a job within motorsport
About the employer
At CarFix Garage, we employ a team of highly trained car service technicians and use the latest in diagnostic equipment and tools to keep up with the ever-changing car industry. We promise to only use top-notch parts to make sure your car is performing better and safer than when you brought it to us.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Lucy-Anne Walker 01923 216165 email@example.com
Not only will apprentices be working and trained within the garage, they will attend a Skillnet approved college once a week to work towards achieving their Skillnet Technical Certificate at Level 3. An advisor will visit at least every 4-6 weeks as part of a close support network to ensure that apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
An apprentices training includes:
- Industry recognised standard qualification
- Functional Skills - maths and English
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician
- Vocational related qualification (technical certificate)
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.