Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship Cousins Garage Ltd
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2022
06 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity for the apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry.
Day to day tasks will always vary, but will normally include:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A keen interest in vehicles, the learner must be hard working and motivated with an interest to learn new skills
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs or equivalent – grade A*-D/9-3 in English and maths required
A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have.
About the employer
We are an independent, family-run garage with an excellent reputation among our customers. Much of that reputation is thanks to our team of highly trained and qualified professional mechanics. Between them, they have decades of relevant experience in the industry. Whatever you need in the way of car and van servicing and repairs, our team ensures a quality job.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Lucy-Anne Walker 01923 216 165 firstname.lastname@example.org
Not only will apprentices be working and be trained within the garage, they will attend a Skillnet approved college once a week to work towards achieving their Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. A Skills Coach will visit at least every 28 days as part of a close support network to ensure that apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course.
An apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised standard qualification
- Before the Standard is met, all apprentices must hold a certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.