Health and Social Care Apprentices The Retreat Care Home
The Retreat Care Home, in Plymstock, is an avid believer in developing employees to become vital team members and love to develop apprentices who are eager to learn, show passion for the industry and above all respect their small, but demanding care environment. They have an opening for two apprentices to join the team.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
17 Sep 2017
03 Feb 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Retreat is looking for two apprentices to grow and develop through a level 2 and 3 apprenticeship, over two years. The right candidate will be passionate about care, show adaptability skills and communicate with ease. The apprentice will need to follow instruction well, work well as a team and demonstrate confidence in communicating with peers, residents and team members.
You will provide:
- Support, advocacy and information to the individuals you support
- Emotional and practical support to service users
- You will help service users meet their personal care needs sensitively and appropriately to a high standard, including personal hygiene, assistance with laundry, and preparing meals and drinks
- In addition, you will enable service users to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of their life by providing appropriate information, opportunity, training, counselling and support
- You will assist service users to identify and choose their support needs, assist in devising, implementing and reviewing care plans and basic light domestic duties
Requirements and prospects
- Hardworking, honest and caring with good communication skills
- Able to take instruction from management, peers and service users
- A desire to make a difference in the well-being and lives of service users
- Highly reliable and extremely patient, with a kind, fair and supportive approach to be able to work effectively in this care setting
- You must be able to work with other adults and be able to demonstrate good teamwork skills, and where required, have the ability to work alone in an organised and focused manner
- An ability to communicate well with all ages and ability is essential
GCSE grades A-E is desired but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
The Retreat Care Home
The Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care in:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 1)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Emergency First Aid
- Certified Health and Safety Course
- Internet Safety / Safeguarding
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace, Penns Mount, where you will be supported throughout your training by experienced colleagues. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor who will help you and monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
As an additional qualification Skills Group will also help you to achieve your Emergency First Aid, and certified Health and Safety Certificates, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017