Early Years Apprentice Greenhall Nursery
To work under the direction of senior staff to help to create and maintain a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment in which a child can grow and develop at Greenhall Nursery & Little Learners. Addressing the children’s care needs and supporting their learning and development.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
06 May 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children at all times
- Supporting children in their self-care needs (feeding, changing nappies)
- Communicate with parents and carers
- Helping to prepare basic snacks/feeds
- Preparing the learning environment for the children and ensuring it is safe at all times. Clearing way at the end of the day
- Keeping records on children’s progress and development
- Follow setting policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Good communications kills
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Have good organisational skills
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Eager to learn and develop to be the best they can be
- Friendly yet professional and respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows mutual respect.
- Takes responsibility & accountability
- Is adaptable to change / embraces change
- Has the ability to learn from experiences and challenges
- Essential: GCSE grades A*- C (9-4) to include maths and English (or equivalent)
Essential: You must already hold a Level 2 or equivalent Teaching Assistant or Childcare qualification OR be able to provide evidence of employment/voluntary experience within the education or childcare sectors.
Completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
Things to consider
We are a family-focussed setting that has grown significantly over the past year. Our office is friendly and welcoming but can be busy at times.
About the employer
Greenhall is a Special Nursery school for children aged 2-5 years old with additional needs in Communication and Language, Physical and Personal, Social and Emotional Development. Little Learners is our governor-run nursery provision, open to the wider community for children aged 3 months – school age.
Our motto, ‘Learning together, having fun!’ applies to staff as well as the children. We aim to provide high quality, child centred education which will maximise every child's potential. We are dedicated to whole-child development and want to inspire our children to be actively engaged in their learning, to be as independent as possible, to take risks, to learn from and with others and to believe in themselves. We want our children to know they have a 'voice' and to provide them with the tools to use this. We want to give our children the best start – to lay the foundations for later learning.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
The Apprenticeship Hub 01785 275660 email@example.com
- Level 3 Early Years Apprenticeship
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.