Export Customer Service Apprentice Vanguard Logistics Services Limited
A fantastic opportunity to join the team at Vanguard Logistics. You will learn all areas of the export process.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Jan 2023
06 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Apprentices will be trained in handling following list of duties:
- Chasing clients for shipping instructions
- Liaising with clients for delivery details on exports to USA
- Associating consignments to container master with customs
- Arranging export Customs Clearance
- Advising clients of Vessel Rolls
- Obtaining Sailing schedules and updating sailing schedules
- Learning to handle bookings
- Arranging transport and collections
- General shipping duties including liaising with overseas offices and agents
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication (telephone / face to face / email)
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office
- Outgoing and confident personality with a flexible attitude to an often demanding role
- Excellent attention to detail and able to prioritise workload
- Strong team player with high levels of concentration
- English & maths - C/4 grades or equivalent preferred
- Potential to secure a full time permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Situated on the edge of Maldon town centre with a reasonable local bus service
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £6.45 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.70 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Vanguard Logistics Services are an import / export business, based in Maldon, Essex. They facilitate a network of transportation solutions to the freight forwarding industry including ocean, air and land transport consolidation along with a range of ancillary services covering warehousing, logistics, inventory management, information and consultation services.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The LightBulb Limited
Andrea Gregory 07764 969337 firstname.lastname@example.org
- TheLightBulb will deliver the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- You will need to attend 4 workshops remotely via Zoom
- You will complete Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- To include 20% off the job training
- In-house training will be given to support specifics of the role
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.