Nursery Assistant /Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Intermediate Apprentice Serendipity's Day Nursery
Serendipitys based in Cotgrave, South Nottinghamshire are looking to recruit a keen and enthusiastic nursery assistant who is able to help within the nursery. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to get into the childcare industry.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
21 Nov 2022
06 May 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
If you are a friendly kind of person that aspires to work within the childcare industry, then look no further. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Helping out with activities with the children
- Personal Care of the children
- Setting up activities and clearing them away
- Ensuring that the nursery is kept clean and tidy
- Helping out at mealtimes
- Greeting parents and children
- Ensuring any relevant paperwork is completed
- Changing nappies and feeding
- Work with children in the nursery, individually and in groups to assist and improve their development
- Attend training sessions and meetings relevant to the post
- Other general duties as and when required
- Can earn a salary whilst gaining a qualification
- Receive paid holidays and bank holidays
- Free on-going training
- Able to gain additional qualifications
- A mentor and/or assessor throughout your training
- Will attend team meetings and have the opportunity to input ideas
*This apprenticeship is work based therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer’s address.
* Due to the nature of this role the successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills – verbally and written
- Has a genuine interest in interacting with and developing children
- Calm and patient
- Friendly and welcoming
- Team Player
- Driven and willingness to learn and take on challenges
- Want the best for the children
A*- D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or Level 1 Functional Skills equivalent) desirable.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship or progression onto a level 3 qualification.
About the employer
Serendipitys are a well-established nursery chain with over 22 years’ experience where we promise to care about each child with the same love and support, they receive at home.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team 0115 9457260 email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard
Functional Skills Levell up to Level 2 in Maths & English (if not exempt)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.