Apprentice Sports Teaching Assistant St Nicholas School
Learning approaches, monitoring EHCP programmes, personal care routines, PBS approaches, speech, language and communication needs, PSHE, independence and physical skills.
Closing date: 09 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
29 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Full training in the skills required to become a teaching assistant in a special school. The successful candidate will be taught how to support pupils with:
- Curriculum learning development (curriculum approaches, learning milestones, individual programmes)
- Recording/reporting progress against pupils’ individual Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) targets and personal care requirements
- Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) approaches
- Language and communication methods
- Development of pupils personal independence, social and physical skills
Requirements and prospects
- Literacy, numeracy, solution-focussed approach, a flexible person who can use their initiative and help to solve problems
- Adaptable, calm, patience, practically minded and a problem solver
- An understanding, caring nature, with an interest in working with children
- Level 2 Maths and English would be preferred (but this can form part of the training by our training partners if necessary).
- Sports coaching or sports leadership qualifcation or experience
Potential permanent employment as a sports teaching assistant.
Things to consider
This position is term time only but it is very rewarding and a good way into working in an educational setting.
This job has many personal challenges - working with children who could present challenging behaviour (e.g. being aggressive, rude - you may occasionally get hurt by the children) and there will be a high degree of personal care involved including toileting the children and changing of soiled nappies.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
A community special school for pupils with Profound, Severe and Complex Learning Needs.
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profile Development and Training
Ian Pearce 07554 435343 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths functional skills at level 2 if required
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.