Engineering Apprentices - Technical Support pathway Engineering Technology Group Ltd
Two apprentices required to attend college full time for the first 12 months where you will gain a basic understanding of engineering skills which you will gradually be able to apply in your job role. You will be able to fault find, diagnose and correct errors when visiting customer sites, as part of our service team.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
29 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Two engineering apprentices required to learn general engineering skills whilst at college, on a full time basis, for the first 12 months. After this you will attend the company four days per week and one day per week at college for the next 2 years.
The duties in this job role will eventually include:
- Carry out installations, service and breakdown requests
- Deliver first class customer care and positively represent the ETG brand at all times
- Communicate positively and efficiently with the Service Desk
- To visit customer sites to install, service and repair machines
- Leave jobs in full working order and liaise with customers
- At customer site, familiarise yourself with customer rules and working practices, including their health and safety policies
- To feedback to the Service Desk any problems/issues on site
- When the job/customer dictates, there could be a requirement to lodge away from home
- Ability to install, service and repair CNC machines and equipment
- Fault find, diagnose and correct errors as identified on CNC machine tools
- Assemble, set up and dismantle hydraulic, pneumatic and large associated mechanical assemblies
Requirements and prospects
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good practical skills
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Previous experience is not required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Grade A-C/8-4 maths, English, Science (Physics), Grade B/6/5 and above in ICT or equivalent
There would be the potential for a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship for the candidate, providing the apprenticeship was completed and performance at work was suitable.
Things to consider
You will be required to attend college, In-Comm Training Services in Aldridge, WS9 8UG, on a full time basis for the first 12 months.
You must be aged 18+ for insurance purposes and be able to drive in order to attend customer sites.
About the employer
We bring the strengths of some of the world’s most respected manufacturers of high-technology machine tools - including Nakamura-Tome, Chiron Werke, Hardinge Bridgeport, Stama, Quaser, Halter, Pietro Carnaghi and Handtmann CNC - and build on those strengths to deliver value-added systems for our customers. The Engineering Technology Group brings a new kind of thinking to the high-technology machine tool market. By providing in-depth support and applying our insight, experience and expertise, we aim to help you get the maximum benefit from advanced manufacturing technologies.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686
This is a three year Engineering Technician Apprenticeship. You will be required to attend college (In-Comm Training Services, WS9 8UG), full time for the first 12 months, followed by 1 day per week for the remainder of the apprenticeship, and the training will include the following:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisation Safety Regulations
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Producing Components Using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing and Using Milling Machines
- General Welding Applications
- Producing CAD Models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Assembling and Testing Fluid Power Systems
- Preparing and Using CNC Machining Centres
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Mechanicals Principals of Engineering Systems
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.