Early Years Assistant Apprentice (Childcare) Little Angels
An exciting new opportunity with an immediate start** Little Angels is looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual to join their growing nursery. Experience in childcare is not essential as full training will be provided.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
21 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Little Angels is looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual with good personal and communication skills, the ability to show initiative and be successful in a competitive working environment.
The role will include, but is not restricted, to:
- Successfully gaining DBS clearance before starting work
- Working in a nursery setting for an agreed number of hours per week
- Attending 'off the job' training one day per week
- Following instructions from the line manager or supervisor, in all aspects of work within the nursery setting
- Performing a range of activities with the children in the nursery, which could include feeding, playing, reading, singing etc
- Complying with safeguarding legislation
- Complying with health, safety and security regulations and legislation.
- Liaising with manager
- Providing a safe environment for children
- Aiding Children's learning and development
- Daily, weekly and monthly checks around the nursery
- Meal preparation
- Supporting children’s behaviour and acting as a role model
- Ensuring the environment is stimulating and appropriate, including equal opportunities
This employer is willing to take on a Level 3 Apprentice if a candidate has already obtained the appropriate Level 2 qualification.
Requirements and prospects
- Be eager to learn and master new skills
- Work well under pressure
- Be outgoing with friendly disposition
- Maintain a professional image at all times
- Have a desire to learn all aspects of Childcare
- Be well presented at all times
- Be punctual
- Be able to work well in a team
- Have a willingness to learn all aspects of Childcare
- Have the confidence to use own initiative
- Have a good standard of hygiene
- Have a bubbly and happy personality
- GCSE maths and English A*-C or 4-9 (or equivalent) is desirable, but not essential.
- Level 2: On completion of Level 2 Early Years Practitioner there is the possibility of progressing to a further advanced apprenticeship to complete the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
Things to consider
- Little Angels have their own application pack that they want completing ahead of interview, apprentices signing up for this role may be asked to fill this in by JTM when sending over CVs
- Little Angels are looking for a potential immediate start so be prepared for a quick turn around on interview dates when applying
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check as part of the employers safer recruitment processs
About the employer
Little Angels is based in Huyton, Liverpool. We work with children from the ages of 0-5 years old.
Little Angels nursery aims to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment, catering for all the needs of the children in our care. All children are treated as individuals and provision is tailored to meet their needs, in conjunction with the wishes of the parents/carers.
JARVIS TRAINING MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Jarvis Training Management Ltd
Ciara Nolan 01513369340 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English
- On the job training at a specific location
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.