Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprentice Oakwood Dental Practice
A fantastic practice, with a friendly atmosphere, are looking to employ an Apprentice Dental Nurse. The ideal candidate must be smart, hard-working and self-motivated for this popular practice based in Leeds.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2022
20 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Successful candidates will provide clinical support to dentists, hygienists and patients
- You will also assist the reception staff in any clerical duties and perform any other tasks as reasonably requested by the principal
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practices health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients in a friendly, caring, helpful, courteous and professional manner
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed and being responsible for recording patient information on the practice database
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent customer service skills are also vital in providing a high standard of care to all patients
- Computer Literate
- A positive attitude to learning and developing new skills is a must
- Joining this focused and professional team will require punctuality, a strong work ethic and a friendly, approachable personality
- 4 GCSE (or equivalent) grade 9 - 4 or A* - C including English and maths
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
Things to consider
Successful candidates will be expected to be willing to keep up to date with inoculations such as Hepatitis B, Tuberculosis and normal childhood vaccinations.
About the employer
The dental team at Oakwood Dental are proud of our experienced and friendly team of dental professionals. We are a long established practice and offer dental care in a relaxed atmosphere. We aim to achieve high standards of dental care, by taking the time to get to know you, so that we can develop a comprehensive treatment plan that suits you and your oral health needs.
Oakwood Dental Practice
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City Training Services
Tom Hughes 01274 728316 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Dental Nurse standard
- Functional Skills maths, English and ICT (if required)
- Competency qualification: Apprentices will be required to produce work and build an e-portfolio of evidence through blended learning which will include practical and written knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.