Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprentice Greenview Nursery Ltd
The Early Years Apprentice works with the Nursery Manager, Deputy Manager, and other team members to provide a high standard of care and education of all children. The Early Years Apprentice will be working as part of a key worker team to help safeguard and teach children between the ages of birth and five.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
14 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care and development for all children’s needs
- To help to provide a varied, stimulating, and multi-cultural learning experience at the setting
- To ensure the EYFS statutory and non-statutory guidance is promoted and delivered in line with Ofsted
- To support staff members within the setting and to be a good role model for all colleagues
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Deputy Manager, Manager or Owners
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- Key workers are responsible for making sure that their children’s records are updated regularly, and that the information is shared with parents and carers on a regular basis
- To be a key person buddy in the event of staff absence
- To plan resources with the team for the following week
- To complete all the necessary paperwork re accidents; medication and anything else required as part of the role
- To contribute to matters for the staff meeting
- To organise displays for both children and parents
- To contribute ideas to enhance the quality of both indoor and outdoor provision.
- To be flexible within the working day to suit the requirements of the setting and the needs of all children
- To work towards improving own qualifications through professional development, role modelling to other colleagues about the importance of continuous improvement
- To understand the principles and content of the EYFS and how to put it into practice
- To keep up to date with the current EYFS requirements, policies and guidance on health and safety, safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children
- To monitor the building and maintenance
- To monitor the hygiene around the setting and the care of toys
- To ensure all the cupboards in all rooms remain organised
- To work sensitively and in partnership with parents from their appointment visit to their transition to school
- To contribute to the work of a multi-agency team and where appropriate to work with agreed programmes or recommendations from third parties
- To help induct, mentor, coach and support staff and students to ensure they have appropriate role modelling of good practice within the setting
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Have good writing skills
- Be creative
- Team player
- Willingness to be trained and developed
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented, polite and well spoken
- Dress code and personal conduct to present a clean and smart appearance at all times
- Level 2 qualification in Childcare/Early Years - this is essential as the employer is looking to hire an apprentice for the Level 3 Early Years Apprenticeship.
Potential progression in the company for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled, we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
About the employer
Greenview Nursery was established in 2003 and is at the heart of the Blackburn community. The company directors are Michelle Britch and Katie Walmsley - two best friends who met when our own babies were very young.
We are passionate about delivering early years education that makes a difference and our vision is to invest in the highest qualified staff to deliver outstanding reflective teaching that ensures Blackburn children have the best start in life.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Blackburn College
Apprenticeship Team 01254 292500 Apprenticeships@blackburn.ac.uk
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.