Apprentice Control Systems Engineer Adsyst (Automation) Ltd
We are currently seeking hardworking, resourceful candidates to join our dynamic team at our Yateley office as an Apprentice Project Engineer to be involved in the full life cycle delivery of control system projects. This role will incorporate software design, implementation, testing and undertaking of on-site commissioning where necessary.
Closing date: 02 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Jul 2022
12 Apr 2022
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Responsibilities will include
- Reading design specifications and technical drawings
- Assisting with the creation of detailed functional design specifications (FDS)
- Configuration of control system architecture, network connections
- Production, modification and testing of SCADA & PLC software
- Site installation and commissioning
- Customer facing position
Whilst the majority of the work will be within standard working hours this operational role requires you to be flexible and can occasionally have a need to travel to sites which might include an overnight stay.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Proactive and a flexible team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and will take a methodical approach to tasks, ensuring attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated and ambitious with a real interest in driving your career forward in the automation industry
- GCSEs grade C/4 or above including Maths and English.
- Level 3 Qualification in Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Or equivalent.
- Project Engineer
- Control Systems Engineer
- ICA Technician
- EC&I Engineer
Things to consider
- Competitive salary
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (Rising to 30 after 5 years service)
- Company bonus scheme (after 1 year service)
- Private Health Scheme (invited to join after 1 year service)
- Access to our Wellbeing programme
- Access to our Training Hub
- Free parking
- Access to company vans or pool cars
- Access to Perkbox (https://join.perkbox.co.uk) This gives employees access to discounted shopping, eating out, cinema and even holidays
- Quarterly social events and team building days
- TIL / Overtime and expenses scheme
About the employer
As a System Integrator for over 33 years, Adsyst Automation Ltd has been providing complex Control Systems for Process Control, Automation and Telemetry to customers worldwide.
We approach each project with a fresh outlook and use our knowledge and partnerships to stay a step ahead of the competition, offering the most advanced and cost-effective solutions.
With our core skills lying in PLC, SCADA, HMI, MIS, MES, RTU, control system software engineering, data acquisition and bespoke software, our expertise in LV Assemblies, panel building, and electrical installation allow us to offer a partial or more complete package when required.
FARNBOROUGH COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Farnborough College of Technology
Business Services 01252 407299 email@example.com
The success candidate will be given training and mentoring, gaining experience and knowledge of PLC’s, SCADA, HMI, variable speed drives and instrumentation.
The apprenticeship will be run through Farnborough College of Technology on a day release.
Full level 4 Automation and controls engineering technician qualification provided.
Functional Skills training to be provided if needed.
Automation and controls engineering technician
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.