Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Shadi's Hairdresser Ltd
As a Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice, you will learn all aspects of hairdressing from shampooing clients hair, reception duties, cleaning, mixing colours and greeting clients whilst working towards a city and guilds Hair professional standard level 2. You will work full time hours and attend Rewards Hair Academy in Brighton one day a week.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
12 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
We have space for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join our team.
- You will learn all aspects of hairdressing from basic cuts, shampooing clients hair, reception duties, cleaning, mixing colours and greeting clients
- Learning hairdressing as an apprentice will also give you valuable knowledge of how a salon runs day-to-day
- You will work full time hours including weekends for 4 days
- You will be required to attend Rewards Hair Academy in Brighton one day a week to complete your qualification in hairdressing - this will involve a mix of theory and practical lessons and some focused workshops
Requirements and prospects
- To be able to work on your own initiative
- You must always look smart when coming to work and well presented
- Friendly and open nature
- Keen to learn
- Passion for hairdressing
English and Math grade C or above (or equivalent) is preferred but we can deliver Functional Skills as part of your course so these are not necessary.
Upon successful completion of this Level 2 course you can go on to train for your Level 3 NVQ. You will eventually be able to run your own column in the salon and become a hairdresser that specialises in perms.
Things to consider
This is a physically demanding role and you will be physically active all day.
About the employer
Located a short stroll away from Hove train station, Shadi’s Salon offers a variety of hair styling treatments ranging from cuts, blow-dries to highlights and colour options. In addition, customers can take advantage of our new beauty services. Our beautician, Hadis has more than 10 years experience and is renowned for her attention to detail. Just look at our feedback to get an idea of her work! Our team have the expertise and inspiration to give exactly what you are looking for and much more…
REWARDS TRAINING RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rewards Training Recruitment Consultancy
katie 01273 778631 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Hairdressing
Training will take place in our Brighton training centre one day a week. There will be a mix of theory and practical lessons and you will be assessed in the training centre or in your salon.
As a level two you will be learning the basics of hairdressing and of working within a salon.
The units you cover may include:
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Colour and lighten hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition, and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Relax hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Plait and twist hair
- Temporarily attach hair to enhance a style
- Remove hair extensions
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Cut men's hair using basic techniques
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.