Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice The Point
As a Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice, you will learn all aspects of hairdressing from shampooing clients hair, reception duties, cleaning, mixing colours and greeting clients whilst working towards a city and guilds NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing. You will work full time hours and attend Rewards hair academy in Brighton one day a week.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
12 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
We have space for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join our team.
Duties will include:
- You will learn all aspects of hairdressing from basic cuts, shampooing clients hair, reception duties, cleaning, mixing colours and greeting clients
- Learning hairdressing as an apprentice will also give you valuable knowledge of how a salon runs day to day
- You will work full time hours including weekends for 4 days
- You will be required to attend Rewards Hair Academy in Brighton one day a week to complete your qualification in hairdressing. This will involve a mix of theory and practical lessons and some focused workshops
Requirements and prospects
- Timekeeping skills
- Friendly and open nature
- Keen to learn
- Passion for hairdressing
- To be able to work on your own initiative
- You must always look smart when coming to work and well presented
- English and math grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) is preferred but we can deliver Functional Skills as part of your course so these are not necessary
Upon successful completion of this Level 2 course you can go on to train for your Level 3 NVQ. You will eventually be able to run your own column in the salon and become a hairdresser that specialises in perms.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Point is a friendly and professional salon conveniently located in the heart of North Laine, Brighton.
Established in 1998 by Salon Director, Ian Habben, The Point’s longstanding and far-reaching reputation is for providing consistently fabulous haircuts and a personal service to a wide range of clients.
REWARDS TRAINING RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rewards Training Recruitment Consultancy
Katie 01273 778631 katie.Millard@rewardshairacademy.co.uk
Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing)
Training will take place in our Brighton training centre one day a week. There will be a mix of theory and practical lessons and you will be assessed in the training centre or in your salon.
As a level two you will be learning the basics of hairdressing and of working within a salon.
The units you cover may include:
- Style and finish hair, Set and dress hair, Cut hair using basic techniques, Colour and lighten hair, Advise and consult with clients, Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp, Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work, Relax hair, Perm and neutralise hair, Plait and twist hair, Temporarily attach hair to enhance a style, Remove hair extensions, Fulfil salon reception duties, Cut men's hair using basic techniques
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.