Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship HAIR @ SERENITY UK LTD
As a Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice, you will learn all aspects of hairdressing from shampooing client’s hair, reception duties, cleaning, mixing colours and greeting clients whilst working towards a city and guilds NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing. You will work full time hours and attend the training centre in Brighton one day a week.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
12 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
We have space for a Hairdressing Apprentice to join our team.
You will learn all aspects of hairdressing from:
- Basic cuts
- Shampooing clients hair
- Reception duties
- Mixing colours
- Greeting clients
Learning hairdressing as an Apprentice will also give you valuable knowledge of how a salon runs day-to-day. You will work full time hours including weekends for 4 days.
Requirements and prospects
- To be able to work on your own initiative
- You must always look smart when coming to work and well presented
- Friendly and open nature
- Keen to learn
- Passion for hairdressing
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English is preferred but we can deliver functional skills as part of your course so these are not necessary.
- Upon successful completion of this Level 2 course, you can go on to train for your Level 3 NVQ. You will eventually be able to run your own column in the salon and become a hairdresser that specialises in perms.
Things to consider
- This is a physically demanding role and you will be physically active all day.
About the employer
Serenity Hair is a luxury salon offering outstanding customer service.
All our staff are trained to the highest possible standard and are constantly updating their skills to ensure those standards are maintained.
We only use the highest quality products from the Redken, Pureology, and GHD ranges. As well as Balmain Hair Additions.
A complimentary Shiatsu scalp massage is offered with every service, and we also provide massage chairs for your enjoyment and relaxation at the backwash.
Complimentary refreshments are offered, along with the latest magazines and lunch can be ordered in on request.
For cancer patients, we offer a free head shave for those undergoing chemo. We also provide free wig and scarf advice based on personal experience.
Interim haircuts during after-chemo grow-back are available at reduced costs.
A private room is available for private consultations and discrete advice.
No age snobbery - all clients welcome of any age.
We are committed to ensuring you have a fantastic experience at Serenity Hair.
REWARDS TRAINING RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Rewards Training Recruitment Consultancy
Katie 01273 778631 email@example.com
Intermediate apprenticeship in Hairdressing, which includes:
- Level 2 NVQ in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Training will take place in our Brighton based training centre one day a week. There will be a mix of theory and practical lessons and you will be assessed in the training centre or in your salon.
As a level two you will be learning the basics of hairdressing and of working within a salon.
The units you cover may include:
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Colour and lighten hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition, and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Relax hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Plait and twist hair
- Temporarily attach hair to enhance a style
- Remove hair extensions
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Cut men's hair using basic techniques
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.