IT Project Support Apprentice Retail Technology Services Ltd
RST have an IT Project Support Apprentice role available for someone looking to start their career in Administration and learn new skills, knowledge and behaviours each day.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2022
07 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Site Kit Building
- Building, Configuring, and Testing of multiple hardware items. (Router, Switches, etc)
- Configuring and Testing of software (VOIP Phone System, WIFI portal, etc)
- Packing and Labelling of equipment ready for delivery.
- Completing kit build check sheets & Stock requests.
Site Sign Off’s
- Talking to Field Engineers to complete site sign off (checks) ensuring site can function as expected once site activity has been completed.
- Raise an issue directly to the Project Manager.
- Equipment testing and pre-staging.
- Testing equipment returned from customers following a testing plan and returning to stock.
- Pre-staging IT equipment to update firmware and get equipment ready for customers following a step-by-step pre-staging plan.
- Ensuring the built room is kept tidy.
- Re-ordering stocks items such as cardboard, cables and filters, etc.
- Assisting your team/ managers with administrative duties if required.
- General office duties.
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Transport to the office as office-based location – 5 days a week.
- Reasonable knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook and Excel in particular.
- High levels of accuracy, numeracy and a keen eye for detail.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work to company standards.
- Well organised.
- Self sufficient.
- A minimum of Grade 4/C or above/equivalent in maths and English.
- Potential for a full time position once the apprenticeship is complete and progression within the company
About the employer
Established in 2001, RTS was born as Retail Technology Services – an organisation formed to help hospitality customers manage complex multi-site networks and manage multiple applications. In the time since then we have grown into a full-service managed service provider, servicing customers in markets as diverse as central and local government, justice, a wide range of commercial sectors and charity organisations. Employing 35 people and working with 900 customers across the UK.
Retail Technology Services Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northampton College
Isobel McColgan 01604 734138 email@example.com
Employer to provide:
- Full in-house and ongoing support and training.
College to provide:
- Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
- Functional Skills (if applicable)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.