Apprentice Bench Joiner Lee Billing
You will be working as a member of a small, friendly team learning how to make all types of joinery to include windows and doors from start to finish. Learning how to set out a job, select and prepare materials, marking out, setting up machines where necessary and finishing.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
08 Apr 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Carpentry & Joinery (Bench Joinery) Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
You will be working as a member of a small, friendly team and key duties will include:
- Learning how to make all types of joinery to include windows and doors from start to finish
- Learning how to set out a job
- Selecting and preparing materials
- Marking out
- Setting up machines where necessary
You will be fully supported throughout your apprenticeship with positive, constructive feedback and encouragement.
Requirements and prospects
- Good with practical tasks
- Able to work as part of a team
- Willing to learn
- Must have a keen interest in woodwork/joinery
- Essential: GCSE grades 3/D or above in maths and English (or equivalents)
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department
- Once qualified and experienced there will be a permanent position with a higher salary
Things to consider
- This role will involve working on your feet all day
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer
- When applying to this role please factor in your transport methods and travel time/distance – will you be able to get to this role within a reasonable time, is it realistic to travel to and from this role on the salary being paid and have you researched your travel options?
About the employer
Lee Billing Joinery is a joinery manufacturing company supplying windows, doors, etc. to the building industry and general public.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206 712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
All delivered within the workplace via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Carpentry & Joinery (Bench Joinery) Level 2 apprenticeship standard.
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.