Apprentice Customs and Traffic Operator (Freight Forwarding) DELAMODE NIDD LIMITED
Working in the busy Customs and Transport departments you will gain knowledge in the movement of freight between the UK and EU and help plan and prepare documentation, you will understand commercial aspects of the job, learn new IT skills with the use of a specialist Traffic Management System (TMS) and liaise with internal and external partners.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Jul 2022
07 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Main areas of gained knowledge and job training will include:
Assisting the Customs Leader with the preparation and submission of customs documentation. To include:
- Liaising with the customs team in Romania
- Scanning & filing any relevant documentation in the Companies IT folders
- Collating the necessary paperwork for the transit of goods made to/from the EU
- Emailing partners/suppliers and customers to ensure safe and secure movement of freight
- What a Customs declarants would do
- Administration of commercial invoices
- Organisation and communication
Assisting the traffic operators with building jobs and checking freight.
Assist in the allocation of prices and reserves in connection to the confirmation of bookings.
- Shipping terms
- IT skills
- Commercial awareness
- Legislation surrounding warehousing and storage of uncleared freight
Requirements and prospects
- Organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Some IT knowledge
- Written and verbal communication
- Awareness of costs/pricing
- Excellent communication verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Flexible to hours of work
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Office packages
- Strong team ethic
- Extremely confidential
- Achieving and doing
- Building relationships with all stakeholders
- Contributing to continuous improvement in cooperation with the HR team
- Coping and dealing with change
3 GCSE’s grade 4/C - mathematics and English grade 5/B or equivalent.
Job opportunities in freight/logistics/customs & shipping. To be part of the growth of the Company recently acquired by PLC.
About the employer
Why Choose Delamode Nidd?
Delamode Nidd, part of the Xpediator Plc Group, is a well-established provider of freight forwarding services for the UK and Europe. We have built our reputation on providing a highly reliable service to our customer’s, a quality that we regard as crucial in the haulage industry.
From our purpose built office and warehouse complex in Ripon, North Yorkshire, we have the ability to store, ship and transport cargo, large or small to anywhere in the UK, Europe and beyond. We have a modern fleet of fully equipped vehicles, driven by our team of experienced HGV drivers.
Being a founder member of Palletforce, a leading pallet network across the UK, this provides enhanced capability to deploy a full range of daily UK distribution services and additional income stream through Delamode Nidd being responsible for all Palletforce deliveries from the UK into Spain and Portugal.
Delamode Nidd believes in building long-term partnerships with our customers, enabling us to support their companies by offering on-time deliveries with competitive prices. We take great care in understanding our customer’s requirements and helping them to grow their market share.
Our team at Delamode Nidd has many years experience of working in the international groupage industry. This means that no matter how large or small the enquiry, we have the team that can meet all of our customer’s needs. We can provide a tailor-made and bespoke service to fulfil any requirement, with a transparent pricing structure.
All of our European partners are appointed on a long-term basis. This enables us to build a market leading import and export service with secure and loyal partners. We specialise in ‘Express Deliveries’ into mainland Europe and whether the consignment is one box or a multi pallet delivery, we are able to meet our customer’s delivery deadlines.
We have made substantial investments into our communications technology so that we can offer the most convenient of services to our customers, who can now book their own consignments directly onto our computerised traffic system. They are also able to access delivery information and download all of their POD’s through our secure online system.
Delamode Nidd has a comprehensive policy of improving our carbon footprint by investing in the latest low-carbon vehicles with Euro 6 engines. We are committed to:
- Training drivers to drive efficiently and courteously
- Ensuring our vehicles are operating efficiently by using an in-vehicle traffic management system
- Constantly communicating with clients and staff to find the most energy efficient method of collecting and delivering consignments.
Whatever your enquiry, our customer services team will be happy to assist.
Part of enlarged International Freight Management Group – Xpediator Plc:
Listed on the London Stock Exchange (AIM:XPD), Xpediator is a fast growing international freight management group of companies, delivering global supply chains solutions for the UK & European markets.
As a Group we are committed to delivering dynamic supply chain solutions with a vision to become a leading international freight management and logistics provider through tailored world class customer service.
Established in 1988, the Xpediator Group’s international network of offices provides road, sea and air freight services, together with logistics and warehousing in the UK and Romania. The Group has over 1,000 employees and offices in the UK, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Romania and Serbia, operating across a total of 38 sites.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SR Education
Louise Spring 07485302270 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training to provided is IFF Level 3 (International Freight Forwarding) Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English if required
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.