Digital Support Technician Level 3 Apprentice CTRL-NETWORKS LIMITED
you will be working closely with first, second and third line technicians. You will have a keen interest in IT, and you will need to build relationships with internal and external customers. You will be responsible for for the quality of information logged into our Call Management system, we expect you to be self motivated and have a eye for detail
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
04 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Specific duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- The timely and accurate logging of customer issues into the Call Management system, from both phone calls and incoming emails; using the formal call logging system in place
- Be responsible for the quality of the information recorded – to be able to produce clear descriptions relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions
- Recognising when a call is urgent and escalate accordingly
- Carrying out configuration and testing of new kit prior to install at customer site.
- The ability to work as part of a team, whilst remaining self-motivated in managing your own workload
- The ability to demonstrate an excellent customer service focus when dealing with clients
- We’re looking for you to develop the role so that, in time, you become the first point of contact for all incoming issues to the Help Desk – freeing up the First- and Second-Line technicians to concentrate on the resolution of issues to meet our agreed SLAs
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT Skills, including use of outlook, word and excel
- Excellent customer care skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own
- Reliable and punctual
- Desire to develop
- Honest and trustworthy
- Good Communication skills
- Maths, English and ICT, GCSE Grade 9-4/A*-C or equivalent
- Progression within the company
About the employer
Effective IT Solutions understands that every business is unique. Because of this we offer support options that can be personally tailored to suit your IT needs.
CTRL Networks LTD is number one in the North East for the computer services we offer. Our standard support contract gives the customer a guaranteed time period to receive a response for his/her support request. The standard on-site response is offered within four hours, however for critical devices, this can be much faster.
Through the use of remote access, most responses and resolutions occur within a matter of minutes. By using remote access and online monitoring, we are immediately informed when any problem occurs.
We also provide a pay-as-you-go support option so that you don’t have to worry about binding long-term contracts
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by LearningSkills
Alex Helm 01914338727 Apprenticeships@gateshead.gov.uk
Digital Support Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Maths and English to Level 2 required, if not already achieved
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour in relation to: customer service principles and practices, business principles, technical competencies, knowledge and understating; research activities, commercial awareness, managing challenging situations and taking ownership, and health and safety.
- Ongoing assessment by the employer and provider – for example meetings with apprentice, employer and learning provider, observations of workplace, gathering evidence
- Undertake a self-assessment in the last month of their apprenticeship to enable them to see whether they are confident that they have taken on board all aspects of the occupation
- This self-assessment must be submitted to the independent end point assessor as a source of evidence to prepare for independent End Point Assessment which will include a showcase portfolio; a project; an employer reference and a structured interview about their portfolio and project
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.