Warehouse and Stores Apprentice (Shrewsbury) WIRS (WOLVERHAMPTON) Limited
The apprentice will be based in Battlefield Shrewsbury. You will be trained to carry out all warehousing duties which will incorporate taking goods in, dispatching and delivering of products. This is a fantastic opportunity for a young person to come in and forge a real opportunity in this fast growing arm of our business.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
20 Oct 2022
30 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a young person to come in and forge a real opportunity in this fast growing arm of our business. To support warehouse manager in carrying out the following duties:
- Goods in from suppliers
- Stock taking
- Dispatching goods
- Delivering goods
- Dealing with customers face to face and on the telephone
- To train and understand the ICT system
- To engage in office duties including administration
To eventually fully manage busy warehouse/stores. Will incorporate deliveries to customer when needs be.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Computer literate
- Team player
- Able to cope with the physical requirements of the role
- Customer Focused
Minimum of GCSEs grade 4-9/C-A* (or the equivalent) in maths and English preferred but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a conscientious young person with a very real possibility of long term employment if the candidate performs extremely well.
If it transpires that continued employment with is not the preferred option, the training, experience and qualifications gained throughout the apprenticeship will stand the apprentice in very good stead to gain future employment.
Things to consider
This vacancy is being managed by SBC Training on behalf of this company. By submitting your application, you are consenting to allow SBC Training and the employer to contact you in connection with your application. Your details will not be shared with third parties.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
W.I.R.S specialise in providing the welding and engineering industries with a comprehensive range of quality cutting and welding equipment.
SBC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SBC Training Limited
Colin Preece 01743 454810 email@example.com
- The successful applicant will complete the Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard. This apprenticeship is designed for Warehouse Operatives working in the goods in and out sector
- The successful applicant will be supported to become skilled and competent in core skills and knowledge
- The apprenticeship can be supplemented by the completion of the level 2 Certificate in Warehouse and Storage Skills
- End point assessment will take place at month 13 after 12 months of support to develop the successful applicant into a skilled Warehouse Operative
- The successful applicant will also complete Functional Skills at level 1 and progress onto level 2
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.