Office Administrator Apprentice Invicta Grammar School
Answering the telephone and covering reception after initial training. Letters and email communication to stakeholders. Booking meetings and venues. Administration tasks in relation to school trips. Supporting the organisation of school events.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
31 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- To provide a confidential and admin support service to the school supported by the Office Manager
- To cover reception
The post-holder provides a range of administration service and therefore work is generated throughout the day.This might include the following tasks:
- Arrange necessary stationery orders
- Prepare and issue letters
- Issue and distribute emails as requested
- Assistant with the development of relevant school literature
- Answering the telephone and covering receptions, after initial training
- Letters and email communication to stakeholders
- Booking meetings and venues
- Administration tasks in relation to school trips
- Supporting the organization of school events
- Supporting with our transition programme
- Assisting with hospitality arrangements
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record
- Good secretarial/word processing skills with clear working knowledge of Word for Windows and Excel
- Good interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people and to assess and diffuse confrontational situations
- The ability to work as a member of a collaborative team
- Have a sense of humour
- The capacity to remain calm and to cope with the unexpected
We would like a Level 3 Apprentice who has completed a Level 2 award in business administration or similar, and level 2 English and Maths are desirable (GCSEs at A-C or 9-4, or Functional Skills equivalent).
For the right candidate there are good future prospects with opportunities in administration within the school or across the Trust.
Things to consider
Apprentices may be asked to support evening events during term time – this will be through negotiation.
About the employer
At Invicta Grammar, we seek to develop the skills, talents and interests of all our students as individuals. We have high expectations and high aspirations for all and our vision is one of academic excellence in a supportive and caring environment. Our results are outstanding and make us the best school in Maidstone and the opportunities, and care we provide are equally outstanding.
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Profile Development and Training
Ian Pearce 07554435343 email@example.com
- Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- Preparation for end point assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.