Nursery Apprentice Chestnuts Childcare & Training Limited
We are looking for an apprentice to work as part of the Early Years team. At Chestnuts we value all our staff, and apprentices will be supported in working with the Early Years Foundation Stage, to support the development of children aged from 3 months to five years.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2022
£144.30 - £196.80
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
30 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- The Early Years Apprentice will start the day by discussing the planned activities for that day with the other staff
- As the children arrive they will be greeted and encouraged to sit for registration
- After registration the apprentice will be directed by senior staff members to work with small groups of children at activities both indoors and outdoors which support their learning and development
- At all times the apprentice will be mindful of the health and safety of the children
- The apprentice will be working in a language rich environment that promotes communication and interactions with the children
- Along with other staff the apprentice will support children at snack and lunchtime
- At the end of the day the apprentice will support other staff at departures.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Sufficient levels of literacy and numeracy
- Warm, friendly manner
- Ability to work under instruction as part of team
- Full of enthusiasm and passion for working with children
GCSE (or equivalent) English and maths, grades A* to C 9/4 desired but not essential.
There may be an opportunity for a permanent role for the right candidate on successful completion of the apprenticeship framework.
Things to consider
Chestnuts have three settings; two on Colne Road, TW2 and one on Stafford Road, TW1.
About the employer
Chestnuts Nursery provides care for up to 16 children from 3 months to 2.5 years. Chestnuts Pre-School provides care and education for up to 35 children aged from 2.5 to 5 years.
Chestnuts Childcare & Training Limited
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Mya Howard email@example.com
Over the course of 15 – 18 months (dependent upon the level of course an apprentice is being enrolled onto), you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 2 or 3 qualification and a TQUK Diploma in Early Years.
If you do not hold a 4/C grade in GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent), Functional Skills at Level 2 will be delivered alongside the apprenticeship programme.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.