Advanced/Level 3 Dental Apprenticeship Oswald House Dental Practice
Oswald House Dental Practice located in the beautiful market town of Ashbourne, Derbyshire is recruiting a friendly and approachable apprentice Dental Nurse. Within this role you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
29 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this opportunity is not to be missed if you are able to travel to Ashbourne to the dental practice and Nottingham City Centre for the fortnightly day release at college.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist / hygienist in a busy dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the dental practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty.
Requirements and prospects
- Effective teamwork and communication using a range of skills.
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks
- An understanding of impact of their work on others.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to ensure patients receives the best possible service.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and to multi task in an organised manner.
- To have an interest in the Medical / Healthcare environment.
- Confident and a willingness to learn.
- A* - C (9-4) GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills)
- Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Oswald House Dental Practice is located in the beautiful market town of Ashbourne, also known as the gateway to the Peak District National Park. The practice can be found in a beautiful Georgian building in the centre of town on Church Street.
They provide the full range of NHS treatments for patients of all ages to keep their mouth, teeth and gums healthy
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Dental Nurse Standard Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths or English if required
- https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/dental-nurse-v1-1 Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.