Machining apprentice Rodwell-Powell Engineering Group
As an apprentice mechanical engineer, you shall be working under the supervision of the workshop production manager, this shall include undergoing inhouse & offsite training in the following areas, turning, milling, manual/CNC machining and programming.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
19 Sep 2022
25 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As an apprentice mechanical engineer, you shall be working under the supervision of the workshop production manager.
The candidate will be taught a wide range of manual engineering skills and work alongside our experienced engineers.
- Reading engineering drawings and understanding customers' requirements.
- Machine maintenance.
- Inspection using manual equipment and CMM (coordinate measuring machine)
- Bench fitting.
- Turning and Milling
- CNC Machining
We have a bright, and friendly factory environment.
Requirements and prospects
- Good Key skills, basic understanding of Microsoft word and excel
- Able to work to given deadlines
- Hard working and flexible
- Willing to learn and progress onto new skills
- Good time keeping skills
GCSE grades C/4, or equivalent, in English and maths
- Rodwell is a small progressive company so the prospect of promotion are encouraged
- There are a range of roles within the business from section leaders, inspection to management
About the employer
Rodwell Powell has been manufacturing precision machined components since 1951. Supplying the Aerospace, Defence, Nuclear, Automotive, Marine and Medical industries
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Essex College
Diane Ridgley 07855701273 email@example.com
Level 3 Engineering Technician - Machinist Apprenticeship Standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.