Teaching Assistant Apprentice Drapers' Multi-Academy Trust
Apprentice Teaching Assistant working alongside experienced Teaching Assistants to help and support learning in the classroom and beyond. Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 15 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
25 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Promote inclusion of and highest aspirations for all pupils in the school
- Plan, lead and facilitate small group teaching
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage independently in activities led by the teacher
- Contribute to discussions about the progress of individual pupils, recording observations and reporting any uncharacteristic behaviour patterns promptly to the class teacher
- Be responsible for first aid (after training) in the event of accident or injury and complete documentation as required
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the teacher
- Supervise and provide specific support for pupils. Including those with Special Educational Needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Assist in creating materials for curriculum delivery and working walls
- Promote positive values, attitudes and well-ordered self-disciplined behaviour, dealing promptly with incidents in line with established policy and encourage children to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Support the care and welfare of pupils including dressing for different activities and intimate care where needed
- Undertake playground duties, engaging with pupils and supporting them at playtime and lunchtime
- Ensure that classroom stock is maintained and kept tidy and that resources are readily available
- Attend regular meetings and undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with school priorities
- Carry out general administrative tasks including photocopying, laminating, filing and recording
- Work as part of a team, liaising with staff, pupils, parents, carers and governors
- Comply with policies and procedures in relation to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate a flexible approach and undertake any other professional duties as set down in the School’s pay and conditions of service document and as directed by the Principal.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with children
- Ability to understand and contribute to educational programmes
- Ability to work co-operatively with colleagues
- Be adaptable to changing needs of the school
- Be able to follow systems and policies for safety, confidentiality and excellent practice
- Be kind and considerate
- Be willing to complete tasks to the best of ability
- Have a desire to support children’s development
- Be reflective and driven to improve practice
- Be punctual and have a good attendance record
- Share the vision and values of the school
5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A* to C/ 9-4, including English, Maths and preferably Science.
Permanent Teaching Assistant role, options to progress to further qualifications with specialism for example, Speech and Language, Forest School, Thrive, Curriculum subjects.
Things to consider
The school is closest to bus routes. The most local train station is Harold Wood which is a bus ride away.
All staff are expected to supervise at lunchtime outside in all weathers. Appropriate clothing and footwear are advised.
About the employer
Drapers’ Maylands Primary School is a place where children are at the heart of all that we do. Through excellent teaching and exciting activities children are able to access a rich and stimulating curriculum which feeds a love of learning. Children are encouraged to have a keen spirit of enquiry about both people and places, challenge themselves and to be confident about themselves as learners. High expectations for behaviour enable us to create a calm and purposeful learning environment where diversity is celebrated, and learning is valued.
New City College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New City College
Sarah Clayton 0330 135 9000 email@example.com
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant (Standard)
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
Day release to attend college at our campus in Hornchurch, Essex RM11 2LL.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.