Childcare apprentice Acres Of Fun Limited
To work as a member of the Nursery team under the supervision of a Room Senior. To ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play opportunities which meet their individual needs.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
25 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Under supervision of a qualified Nursery Nurse
Childcare and Education
- To provide high standards within the Nursery and the environment, including resources, care, stimulating activities and experiences for the children.
- To be a key worker, liaising with parents and planning for each individual child using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) as guidance extending each child. Ensuring their individual needs are met.
- To observe, support and extend children’s learning.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and where necessary follow safeguarding procedures.
- To be aware of any special needs (including dietary), demonstrating good practice and inclusion.
- To assist children with personal hygiene procedures and document.
- To help with the final cleaning and tidying of the Nursery and gardens at the end of the day.
- To develop and promote parental partnership and involvement. Participate in parents’ evenings when required.
- To report any concerns regarding a child, parent, staff member or equipment to the Room Senior or Nursery Manager.
- To always maintain confidentiality.
Requirements and prospects
- A good understanding of the EYFS or the ability to learn.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with both parents and children.
- Flexibility, patience, reliability, good organisational, time keeping and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to undertake additional training as necessary.
- Empathy towards parents and children.
- Genuine love of children.
- A willingness and ability to train.
- Good level of education, ideally GCSE C or above in English and Maths.
- Basic food hygiene and First aid or the willingness and ability to train.
A full-time job will be offered on completion of the apprenticeship for the right person.
Things to consider
- DBS check will be required and registration on the update service.
- We are based in Hermitage Berkshire, there is only a limited bus service.
- Apprentice minimum wage plus clothing allowance
About the employer
Acres of Fun Day Nursery and Pre-School is in Hermitage on the outskirts of Newbury, just one mile from junction 13 of the M4. We are a local day nursery set in two acres of stunning grounds and provide a unique outdoor environment where children can run freely on open lawns, explore wooded glens and help in our vegetable garden.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Activate Apprenticeships Reading
Melissa Carr email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
Functional Skills Maths & English
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.