Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 3 Kineton Playgroup
Excellent opportunity working for a great nursery setting based in Warwick area. You will be working in a busy environment looking after children aged 0 - 5 years old. Your classroom days will be based online as a remote session , and your main apprenticeship work will be done in the nursery.
Closing date: 20 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
23 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
Working within confidentiality guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Patience and a caring nature
Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their childcare skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting. This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development. The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual.
- Have grade C/4 or above in English and Maths GCSE, or equivalent, or Functional Skills Level 2
- Having childcare experience is an advantage
Developing into a Level 3 practitioner, with the potential of a permanent position upon successful completion.
Things to consider
You will need to be available for remote sessions on teams for 10 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your remote learning. You will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor.
About the employer
Kineton Playgroup provides an environment where children can learn through play. their purpose-built building, Helen's Place, which opened in September 2007, provides an excellent venue for their children, during the two years before they start school, to participate in a wide variety of activities, supervised by their experienced staff.
Kineton Playgroup provides an environment where children can learn through play. Our purpose-built building, Helen's Place, which opened in September 2007, provides an excellent venue for our children, during the two years before they start school, to participate in a wide variety of activities, supervised by our experienced staff.
We also run very popular Breakfast and After School Clubs and a Holiday Club for children aged from 3 to 11 at the same premises and are delighted to see so many familiar faces of children who have been at playgroup and are now at school.
Prior to moving to our current venue, Kineton Playgroup operated from the Methodist Hall in Kineton and has been serving the local community since 1967.
Kineton Playgroup is a community preschool setting run by a board of volunteers. We are LEA registered, OFSTED inspected, a member of the Pre-School Learning Alliance and "Investors in Children".
Their overall aims are to:
- Provide the children, parents and carers of the Kineton village community and surrounding area with quality, flexible and affordable care and education in a familiar setting during term time
- Provide a happy and enriching environment and experience for all the children in our care
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
Khawa Esho 0121 285 7916 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 NVQ - Advanced Diploma Early Years Educator - Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as well as a mentor within the nursery.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.