Apprentice Machinist IQ ENGINEERS LIMITED
To be part of a team of existing Apprentices to assist in the workshop with the preparation and assembly of mechanical equipment and products for the clean water and sewage treatment works across the UK.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
23 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The role will develop, after relevant training and workshop experience and there will be an element of site works, this will involve attending site with a Supervisor to assist in mechanical installations and servicing of some of the products that have been assembled in the works.
Generally, this will happen when the candidate is 18 years or over. Depending on the candidate’s abilities and interests, there may also be an element of training and activities in some of the functions carried out within the offices.
Day to Day duties include:
· Assisting in the assembly works of mechanical water and sewage treatment equipment
· Checking fabrications against drawings
· Completing workshop job packs
· Assisting in ordering parts
· Collecting / off-loading parts from suppliers
· Checking off deliveries against purchase orders
· This role will include general housekeeping, maintenance and cleaning. Plus making tea!
Requirements and prospects
. Ability to engage with products
· Intention to gain a full UK driving licence during the apprenticeship period
· Good literacy skills i.e. ability to write / type up reports
· Basic computer skills preferred but not essential
· Knowledge of water / sewage industry.
· Basic technical ability to read manufacture drawings
· Minimum C grade / level 4 in maths and English good problem solving skills
· Awareness of Health & Safety including method statements and risk assessments.
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team or on your own carrying out supervised tasks
· Communication - Ability to communicate well with all your colleagues , Suppliers and Customers, as you will be representing IQ Engineers
· Ability to listen and enthusiasm to learn new things
· Showing initiative
· A positive attitude and flexible approach.
· Having a good sense of humour
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs (A*-C / 9-4) in maths, English and Science
After a successful Apprenticeship a permanent role would be available for the candidate within the business with great future opportunities.
Things to consider
All correspondence from this application will be done via email. Please check your Inbox and Junk for any emails from Derwent Training. This will include the next steps in progressing with your application.
Candidates must be able to travel to IQ Engineers and Derwent Training.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Independant, high quality products and safe mechanical installation. We have specialist knowledge of Adams Hydraulics sewage treatment process equipment and we supply compatible spares. Over 30 years in business working in the water industry.
Our reputation as a business with specialist knowledge of legacy equipment continues to develop. As a member of British Water and Make UK we share knowledge and experiences with other businesses to support our Customers and the wider industry. Customers include Yorkshire Water, Scottish Water, Severn Trent Water, Northumbrian Water and United Utilities.
Derwent Training Association
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derwent Training Association
Laura Pearson 01653697698 email@example.com
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will attend Derwent Training one day a week and work with the employer for the other four days
- You will study Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications
- At the end of your apprenticeship you will do an End Point Assessment which will be assessed by an independent organisation
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.