Business Administration Apprentice Mtc
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a bright, aspiring individual to join the MTC team as a Business Administration Apprentice. You should have enthusiasm and be able to demonstrate a real proactive personality and be willing to commit to work based learning whilst providing strong administrative support to a key department.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
18 Jul 2022
24 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Apprentices will undertake placements across the business which will normally be 3-6 months in duration and will include opportunities to work in:
- Project management
- Events and marketing
- General management administration
- Legal administration
- Human Resources
- Reception and customer services
- Engineering Support
This is not exhaustive and could be adjusted to suit the needs of the apprentice and/or the business. You will learn from the ‘bottom up’ and be supported and mentored within the role. We don’t expect you to have experience in our specific industry, however as long as you have the right attitude it will be a great place for you to see first-hand what is involved working in a world class facility.
The MTC has grown from 30 employees in 2010 to over 500 in 2017 so is a fast growing business and offers great opportunity to start a prosperous career.
Duties to include:
- Typing up of documents
- Filing and storage of documents
- Build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues across departments
- Scanning and photocopying of documents
- Sending and receiving of e-mails
- Typing up and giving presentations
- Making and taking phone calls
- Attend team building events as and when required
- Data input
- Other admin duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft packages
- You should be willing to learn and take on new challenges and also the successful candidate will be proactive and happy to take on new tasks to help improve the business
- Literate and numerate with good written and spoken communication skills
- Reliable with good time-keeping
- Smart, clean appearance
- Friendly and helpful
- Be a team-player
- Hard-working and ambitious
- Have the ability to respond to changing priorities and a diverse workload
- GCSE at grade 4 (C) or above in English and maths and two other subjects or equivalent
- Some work experience or an admin qualification would be useful
Excellent future prospects for the right candidate depending on attitude and performance during the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
All apprentices are issued with a uniform from MTC. Although this position is based in Ansty, there is a bus service as below: Travel Link: You will need to consider how long it may take you to travel to and from work if you do not have your own transport. Please use the useful link below for further information.
There is a regular bus service every 30 minutes that runs from Coventry City Centre. Please view the X30 bus service as below:
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) was established in 2010 with the objective of bridging the gap between academia and industry. Based in Ansty Park in Coventry, our purpose built facility opened in 2011. Our focus is to prove innovative manufacturing processes and technologies in an agile environment in partnership with industry, academia and other institutions. Our facility provides an unparalleled environment for the development and demonstration of new technologies on an industrial scale offering flexibility to our growing membership and our research partners.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Coventry College
Sharon Barker 02476 791742 email@example.com
Level 3 in Business Administration.
- Business Administration Level 3 Standard
- Functional skills in maths, English if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.