Trade Supplier Apprentice M K M Building Supplies
The role will be predominantly working on the trade counter carrying out various duties including customer service, sales and admin. The successful applicants will also gain experience in other parts of the business, including yard, to ensure they have a good understanding of all aspects of a busy builder’s merchant.
Closing date: today
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
24 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will be predominantly working on the trade counter carrying out various duties including:
- Customer service
- Sales and admin
- The successful applicants will also gain experience in other parts of the business, including yard, to ensure they have a good understanding of all aspects of a busy builder’s merchant
- Any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the accountabilities of the role
Requirements and prospects
- Some knowledge of Builders Merchants
- Good communication skills
- Great attitude
- Time keeping
- MKM is a highly successful, established business. We have great plans for growth, currently opening circa 15 new branches each year. Our apprenticeship programme is primarily intended to develop high calibre talent to support these plans
About the employer
We are MKM, a builders’ merchant with a different approach to business, founded in Hull where our first branch was opened in 1995 and where our Central Support office and support functions such as Finance, IT, Marketing, Operations & HR is based. We have naturally expanded to bring our excellent service to more and more customers with over 90 branches nationwide covering more than 20 counties in England and multiple branches in Scotland.
Each of our branches utilise the local knowledge and expertise of their outstanding staff to provide great service to every customer and build those relationships which give them a true understanding of individual customer needs.
Thanks to our customers, we've grown at an incredible rate to become the UK's largest independent builders' merchant, with plans for many more branches across the country.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Encompass Consultancy
- Trade Supplier Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.