IT Apprentice Edmonton County School
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Apprentice with Edmonton Academy Trust, a multi-academy trust based in London Borough of Enfield.
Closing date: today
£15,000.00 - £20,000.00
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
23 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
As an IT Apprentice, you’ll be responsible for the daily maintenance of IT equipment and resources, including remote working solutions. Working closely with our 1st and 2nd Line technicians to provide support for teaching and associate staff relating to IT resources within the trust.
We expect you to be self-motivated, efficient and well-organised with a keen eye for detail. You must have a keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy support team. We work to strict SLAs to provide excellent customer service to build relationships with internal and external customers.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Maintain a strong customer focus
- Manage Ticketing System
- Manage and Maintain Active Directory
- Manage site access
- Maintain classroom management
- Provide ICT assistance for staff & ensure ICT rooms and Trolleys are presentable, clean and in fully working order
- To ensure all requests logged on the ticketing system are resolved in a timely manner by:
- Resolving incidents & requests escalated to level 2 technicians
- Assisting other Level 1 technicians with the resolution of level 1 incidents & requests
- Installation & Maintenance of Networked & Standalone Equipment to ensure they are ‘fit for use’
- Liaise with 3rd parties in relation to Warranties, repairs, Maintenance, etc to resolve/avoid faults.
- Plan and ensure routine daily, weekly, termly and annual procedures are carried out as directed
- Carry out regular Stock Control & advise on purchase of ICT equipment & Consumables
- Aid with training in the use of ICT equipment that supports teaching and learning.
- Ensure smooth operation of standalone & networked printers
- Ensure smooth operation of Assemblies, meetings & other school events in terms of ICT
- Ensure smooth operation of Staff Laptop allocation and regular maintenance of assigned equipment and documentation.
- Maintain an accurate Asset Database through consistent and regular security marking, Auditing and logging of ICT equipment
- Maintain & enforce, a sufficient level of Network Security and Virus protection on any maintained and/or guest equipment, at all times
- Manage ICT Equipment for Loan or hire
- Ensure HASAW regulations relating to dept, and network are in use
- To act at all times in accordance with school policies and to provide a professional role model for students, parents and other staff
- Any other reasonable duties within the scope of this function and grading as directed by the Head teacher or delegated representative
Requirements and prospects
- Good understanding and fundamentals of IT and computing concepts and components
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
About the employer
Edmonton Academy Trust provide an education for children aged 3 – 18 in North London. We have been educating young people in this part of London since 1919 and throughout that time our approach has been epitomised by high standards and academic excellence, a tradition that continues today.
Edmonton County School
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Tom Crossland 01133500333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.