Nursery Assistant Apprentice Toad Hall Nursery
This is an exciting opportunity to care for and build relationships with children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years, all whilst obtaining a qualification. Throughout your time at Toad Hall, you will be learning new skills and gaining knowledge about the Early Years sector and of course, having lots of fun!
Closing date: 29 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Aug 2022
22 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Do you have a passion for working with young children and a desire to help them flourish in a caring and nurturing environment? Do you want to pursue a career in childcare and are wondering which roles will suit you best? Would you like the chance to bring stories to life and develop a young child’s imagination? If you would like a career in childcare then you could work with a friendly, fun, inspirational team who value every child and member of staff.
At Toad Hall Nursery, we offer apprenticeships which give you the chance to explore different job roles at our nurseries. As valuable members of our team, our apprentices have access to the same early years training and development opportunities as all Toad Hall Nursery staff members.
If you’ve decided you’d like to work in early years, applying for an apprenticeship with Toad Hall Nurseries is the perfect way to kick-start your career.
With a thirst for knowledge and an eagerness to experience life in a childcare setting, you’ll have bags of enthusiasm for early years. You’ll be able to manage a varied workload comprising days spent working at the nursery, combined alongside study with a tutor.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Being aware and demonstrating a clear understanding of own role and areas of responsibility
- To support children’s learning and development with children from all age ranges of the Early Years
- To support children’s development skills, working to plan activities, recording observations and their progress
- To understand and comply with all nursery policies and procedures, and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations in practice
- Once confident in role, to assume the role of a key person to a group of children and work in partnership with parents/carers, catering for all children’s individual needs; observing, planning and evaluating development activities; keeping accurate records and maintaining regular contact and communication with parents
- Attending staff meetings and any training that is in house
- To regularly update the children's daily diaries
- To ensure that the ratios are adhered to at all times
- To assist with the wall displays and decoration
- To assist with the nappy changing routines & personal hygiene
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- A desire to learn and build a career within the Company and the Early Years Sector
- A good level of education with GCSE (or equivalent) in English and maths to grade C/4 or above
Career in childcare.
Things to consider
We offer the following amazing benefits and opportunities within our established nursery group:
- A higher salary package than the apprenticeship wage
- Inspiring training and career development with a growing company
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service up to a maximum of 33 days (including Bank/Public Holidays)
- Opportunity to purchase additional Holiday
- Paid time off for dependents
- Your birthday off, or a Christmas shopping day off, after one full year of service
- Discount and savings at over 1000 retailers through Perkpal
- Monthly staff recognition scheme
- Annual Christmas party for all Toad Hall Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
About the employer
Our beautiful, purpose built 109 place nursery in Woking is close to bus routes and the train station is just over 2 miles away. There is a local supermarket and a coffee house which are a 10 minute walk from the nursery. This spacious setting is located next to Goldsworth Park and lake where you can take a stroll during your lunch break. There is free parking outside the nursery. In 2018, our hardworking team were awarded a ‘Good’ OFSTED rating.
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Caitlin Genge 07706351459 firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the course of 15 – 18 months (dependent upon the level of course an apprentice is being enrolled onto), you will study an Early Years apprenticeship programme. This will contain units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Our delivery of training is through blended learning. Supported by one of our sector specialist tutors, they will deliver teaching sessions using various methods including face to face teaching, Skype, Facetime, telephone and peer virtual classroom whilst using our interactive multi-sensory teaching resources. Teaching sessions are normally bi-weekly or monthly, depending on the learner’s preferred learning style. Additionally, the tutor will provide the support required to ensure the learner enjoys and ultimately successfully achieves their goals and completes their training. We want learners to feel that our team are approachable at any stage of their learning journey.
If you do not hold GCSE maths & English (or equivalent), these will be delivered alongside the apprenticeship programme.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.