Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprentice HARRIET ELLIS TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
We are a boarding kennels service as well as a pet shop. The right applicant will experience entertaining and playing with the animals. Whilst working, the applicant will also be studying towards the Level 2 Animal Welfare Care Assistant Apprenticeship, certified by Vetskill.
Closing date: 24 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
22 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties may include:
- Dog walking
- Feeding animals
- Playing with the animals
Our apprentices will be signed onto an industry recognised qualification (Level 2 – Animal Welfare) working with a leading training provider to achieve their full potential. We have dedicated staff who will provide coaching and mentoring support during your 12-15-month apprenticeship.
Apprentices will receive £4.30 per hour.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Confident around animals
- Kind and welcoming candidates with a passion towards animals, specifically dogs in this position
- Passionate about animals and would like a career in this industry
- Confident and keen to learn new skills
- 5 GCSE's C/4 grade and above or equivalent desired, must include maths, English and science
- A great stepping-stone onto a Level 3 Diploma in Animal Welfare qualification, subject to meeting additional entry requirements
Things to consider
Do you drive?
About the employer
HARRIET ELLIS TRAINING
HARRIET ELLIS TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Harriet Ellis Training Solution Limited
Charlotte Brooks 01708579278 CharlotteB@harrietellis.com
The duration of the course is 15 or 21 months, with at least 12 months online and practical learning time, followed by three months preparation for the EPA (End Point Assessment). You will gain a Level 2 Animal Care and Welfare Assistant Apprentice Standard.
The course covers the following subjects:
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Animal Health & Welfare Animal
- Environment & Accommodation
- Handling of Animals
- Animal Feeding
- Animal Grooming
- Functional skills if needed
20% of the Apprentice's employed hours will be spent towards 'off the job training' (time dedicated to study)
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.