Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 2 Hamd House Nursery
Your classroom days will be based in Birmingham (1 to 2 days a week) and your main apprenticeship work will be done in a nursery local to you.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
13 Sep 2022
22 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Creative, imaginative, and willing to get stuck in
- Patience and a caring nature
Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their childcare skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting. This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development. The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual.
Successful applicants will:
- Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent), or Functional Skills Level 2
- Be able to attend our training Academy in Birmingham for your 18 classroom-based days
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare, you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Things to consider
You will need to attend our Training Academy in Birmingham City Centre for 18 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor.
About the employer
We provide a warm, welcoming atmosphere in which your children can grow into inquisitive, confident and expressive children through a variety of structured activities and child initiated play experiences.
Once your child joins we will keep you regularly updated about their progress, invite you to our regular parents workshops and, most importantly, be available when you need to talk to us.
We are registered with Ofsted and our last inspections took place in October 2013, as a result of which all five of our nurseries were graded ‘outstanding’ in every area of their assessment.
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
Amy 01215940453 firstname.lastname@example.org
Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.