Level 3 Pharmacy Techncian Apprenticeship Riverside Pharmacy
Riverside Pharmacy in Bulwell is offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to work in the pharmaceutical health sciences sector as an Apprentice Dispensary Technician. Although day release doesn't start until September we will commence employment as soon as we find suitable candidates.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
22 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Main duties that you will be fully trained to carry out include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicine
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre once a week for training. The day release is due to commence September 2022.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication
- Work accurately
- Pay attention to deal
- Logical thinker
- Team player
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Willingness to learn
3 x A*-C/9-4 GCSE's (or Level 2 pass equivalent) in maths, English & any Science subject. It is the awarding body's requirements that the above qualifications are evidenced as passed, either by way of certificate or on the government database that we have access to in order to proceed to enrolment onto this apprenticeship.
Potential of a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Riverside Pharmacy is a welcoming and busy pharmacy based in the bustling heart of Bulwell. They provide both NHS and private services. The team are friendly and provide optimum customer service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
You will need to complete the following qualifications to achieve the full standard Pharmacy Technician (Integrated) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/pharmacy-technician-integrated-v1-0
Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technician.
Pharmacy technician (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.