Apprentice Administration Assistant Brooke Priory School
Brooke Priory School are looking for an Apprentice Administration Assistant to work as part of a small team supporting the administration and finance function of the School. The ideal candidate will be motivated, able to demonstrate initiative, have strong communication skills and be able to work independently as well as part of a small team.
Closing date: 15 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
22 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- To cover for receptionist ‘out of school hours’ and break/lunch by: being as first point of contact for all school enquiries either by telephone, email or face to face, to obtain contact information and pass to appropriate staff, to sign visitors (and pupils) in and out of the school
- To be responsible for checking stationery orders against delivery notes and orders
- To assist with staff reprographic requirements
- To provide first aid for pupils (and staff)
- To keep the School Management Information System’s (MIS) up to date by entering new pupils, parents, and staff onto either PASS and/or HUBMis
- Taking minutes at staff meetings or training events and distributing afterwards
- To maintain registers of pupils attending after school clubs
- To record after school care and before school care attendance
- To provide administrative support to the School Administrator and Senior Management Team (SMT) as required
- To enter supplier invoices onto the accounting software (PASS) and associated payments as required to support the Bursar and/or School Administrator
- To make necessary accounting entries from the bank statement onto PASS (MIS).
- To take banking to the bank
- To be responsible for recording second hand uniform sales and ensuring payments are made in a timely manner to parents
- To be responsible for filing all financial paperwork (relating to points 10-13)
- To assist the Communications Manager with Social Media posts by: downloading photographs from mobile devices and filing securely on the Department Drive, designing and uploading posts for Social Media platforms, designing advert’s/marketing material, assisting with writing and designing termly newsletters
- Assist the Communications Manager with maintaining up to date content on the School website
- To provide refreshments for visitors and staff as required and to maintain supplies for such
- To provide general support for School events including, but not limited to, weekly coffee shop, sporting fixtures, school productions, sport’s day, fundraising activities, school photographs, annual flu jabs etc.
- To assist the Friends of Brooke Priory with fundraising activities, e.g. raffle ticket sales
- To attend staff meetings and participate in training and performance development as required
- To be aware of and comply with school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection
- To report any concerns to the appropriate member of staff
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested within the scope of the role, at the discretion of the Headmaster and in support of the operational requirements of the school
Requirements and prospects
- Strong ICT skills including use of Microsoft Office, email and databases
- First Aid qualification (or willing to be trained)
- Articulate, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, in order to contribute to and promote the aims of the school
- Ability to analyse problems and formulate creative solutions
- Ability to follow a project from start to finish within a set time
- Sound organisational skills
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to change at short notice, juggling a demanding and varied workload
- To present a smart appearance at all times, with a pleasant and courteous manner
- To be punctual at the beginning and throughout the day
- To be aware of the positive and negative impact behaviours can have on others
- A positive attitude
- Fairness and approachability
- Good humour
GCSE Grade C/4 including English and maths or equivalent is essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying.
Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
Brooke Priory School is Rutland’s Independent Co-Educational Preparatory School in Oakham for children aged between 2 – 11years. We offer a broad and extensive curriculum to our pupils. Academic excellence is our primary purpose, but pupils’ education includes extensive opportunities for excellence in sport, music, art & drama, with the aim, “to be the best we can be”.
Brooke Priory is a family run school and maintains a family feel with pupils, parents and carers being part of the wider school community.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Richenda Gordon-Pullar firstname.lastname@example.org
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project presentation
- 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thurs AM)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.