Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship Daventry Auto Services
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2022
22 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
An exciting opportunity for the Apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Car Technicians jobs fall into three categories;
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A keen interest in vehicles, the learner must be hard working and motivated with an interest to learn new skills
Minimum of 3 GCSE’s or equivalent – grade A*-D/9-3 in English and maths required.
A full time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress. The opportunities are endless. By having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have.
About the employer
Daventry Auto Services have an excellent reputation and stand by our motto of "Quality Without Compromise" with many of our regular customers more than happy to recommend us to their friends and family. Perhaps you would like to experience a better garage service too?
Daventry Auto Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skillnet
Ryan Green 01923 216 165 firstname.lastname@example.org
Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained within the garage they will attend a Skillnet approved college once a week to work towards to achieve their Level 3 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair. A Skills Coach will visit at least every 28 days as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Industry recognised standard qualification
- Functional Skills (English and Maths - If required)
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)