Apprentice Welder Fabricator Sfc Midlands Limited
Do you have an interest in welding and metal work? Read on to find out about a new Apprenticeship opportunity for a trainee Welder to join the team here at SFC Midlands based in East Goscote, Leicester. We want to hear from you!
Closing date: 08 Jul 2022
£185.00 - £259.00
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
21 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The successful Apprentice will learn:
- The correct use of hand tools, welding equipment, guillotine and saws.
- Fabrication of Structural components, and architecture stairs and balustrade.
- How to work with metal and materials to produce an end product.
- To interpret from technical drawings.
Requirements and prospects
- Interest in Mathematics
- Inquisitive and confident
- Must be punctual and have good work ethic
- Be able to work on your own and also part of our team
5 GCSE’s at Grade C/4 (or above) to include Maths, English and Science. Evidence of qualifications will be required at shortlisting stage.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours to accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying.
- College enrolment onto this Apprenticeship will be from September 2022.
- Loughborough College has the right to close this vacancy before the end date.
About the employer
SFC Midlands are specialist steelwork contractors. We design, manufacture, and install structural and secondary steelwork and security fencing throughout the UK.
Drawing on extensive experience and knowledge, we provide specialist design and clear engineering advice, delivering high-quality, cost-efficient projects on time, and well supported by a professional and proactive team.
We create value for our clients through good design and realistic estimates. Strong supply chain partnerships underpin our operations and best practice H & S and sustainability standards throughout the project lifecycle ensure our operations are safely run and environmentally aware, meeting the high expectations of our customers and our own team.
We believe excellent communication, quick understanding of customer needs, and the ability to rapidly accommodate changes and resolve problems with minimal disruption are key to our success.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Hayley Cousins 07827 252299 firstname.lastname@example.org
- L3 Apprenticeships Standard in Metal Fabricator
- L3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge)
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Practical observation - to assess the Apprentice’s application of skills within the apprentice’s place of work or in a suitable environment away from the workplace (e.g. In a centre approved by the EPAO)
- Professional discussion - to holistically assess KSBs across the standard and will be informed by reflective portfolio.
- Currently delivered one day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College. Subject to change.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.