Customer Service Apprentice Utopia Gymnastics Limited
We are looking for someone who is passionate about gymnastics to be the welcoming face of Utopia Wakefield to our gymnasts and their parents / guardians in our reception.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
18 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our environment is hard working, friendly, welcoming, and committed to achieving success for our gymnasts and the club.
- Greet and welcome all clients
- Handle face to face, e-mail and telephone queries
- Deal with automated, cash and card payments
- Log accident report forms on British Gymnastics website
- Take merchandise orders
The role will include various administration duties within the department with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Answer the telephone confidently and be able to communicate in a professional manner when taking helpdesk and general enquiries
- Log all calls/job schedules with a high level of accuracy
- Make telephone calls and be able to confidently communicate in a professional manner
- Speak clearly and in a polite/friendly manner
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Dealing with sales and customer service queries via the telephone and e-mail
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Good typing skills
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner
- Must have a good level of literacy skills
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages especially Excel
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Good numeracy skills
- Confident in using email and the internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- A motivated, hardworking and tenacious individual
- A desire to develop the company product knowledge and a motivated approach to the role are essential
- Wants to learn and achieve
- Smart & Presentable
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
Grade C/4 or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits. Good IT skills are essential for this position.
Great prospects for progression to a permanent role for the right candidate, and further progression through future training.
Things to consider
There are good transport links by bus and train to Brighouse - please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE POST
The duties and responsibilities attached to this role demand a flexible approach to work, and your contact incudes working on a Saturday.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail:
Mobile Number: 0778 8390025
Apprenticeship Team: email@example.com
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work.
About the employer
Brand New Purpose Built Facility offering Gymnastics, Dance, Baby Classes, Soft/Open Play, School Holiday Camps, Parties and MUCH MORE!
Utopia Gymnastics Limited
Additional location information
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes 07788 390025 firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude:
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality - treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation - dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then Level 2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.