Carpentry Apprentice NRT Carpentry Contractors
To observe and assist experienced carpenters within the workshop/on site.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
30 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Will need to be willing to collect materials, tools and clear up at the end of each day
- Work would involve cutting wood, drilling nailing and sticking timber to masonry
- Assist experienced tradesman constructing joists, roof trusses, fitting staircases doors and skirting boards etc
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Good practical skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A positive attitude
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- A good attention to detail
Grades A-D (9-3) for Maths and English GCSE are essential (or equivalent qualification)
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent (self employed) position subject to performance.
Things to consider
There may be the opportunity to work weekends.
You will be expected to be punctual every day.
Keen to learn and get stuck in with others on site
About the employer
NRT are a family run Carpentry sub-contractor which has been established for over 30 years’ working within the house building industry. We are based in Farnham, Surrey, but cover the whole of London, Southern Counties, and the Southwest. We work for many of the well-known house builders within the industry.
NRT Carpentry Contractors
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992 411572 firstname.lastname@example.org
Working towards completing level 2 Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship Standard
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.