Land Based Service Engineering Apprentice Salisbury Garden Machinery Limited
Salisbury Garden Machinery are offering a unique opportunity to join their team as a Land Based Service Engineering Apprentice. During your time with SGM you will be working alongside your colleagues in our workshop servicing and repairing garden machinery, such as lawn mowers and chain saws.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
18 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
As a member of our close-knit team, you will be responsible for selling, servicing and repairing garden machinery for domestic and commercial clients.
You will learn how to:
- Service and repair domestic ride on mowers
- Service and repair rotary lawnmowers
- Service and repair of 2 stroke machinery
- Source & order parts for machinery
Other duties include:
- Dealing with customer queries
- Helping with our shop when required
Requirements and prospects
- Mechanically minded
- Computer literate
- Good communicator
- Use initiative
- Keen to learn
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Good at data entry
- Sense of humour
GCSEs at grade C/4 or above in both maths and English are desired.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship a full-time position could be obtained.
Things to consider
Accommodation costs will be met by the employer for you to attend block week learning and training at Bicton College.
About the employer
SGM has been operating as a family run business for the past 30 years and we pride ourselves on upholding the core values of integrity, honesty, quality of service and a passion for excellence.
We are specialists in the sales and service of Mountfield, Stihl, Stiga and Countax, Salisbury Garden Machinery. We also source parts, service and repair different types of gardening equipment such as lawnmowers (rotary, cylindrical, ride-on), chain saws, strimmer's, hedge cutters, brush cutters and hand tools.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bicton College
Ceri 01209 617 826
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Land Based Engineering
- This apprenticeship consists of a mixture of off the job training and on the job mentoring and development within the workplace
- You will be expected to attend Bicton College in block weeks for college workshops, and additional attendance for functional skills if required.
Land-based service engineer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.