Community Support Apprentice Bexley Mencap
You will be working with adults with learning disabilities helping them to live the life that they want to lead. The people you will be supporting all have different hobbies and interests and the right person for this role will hopefully enjoy trying new things and going out into the community.
Closing date: 22 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
18 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the Apprentice be doing?
You’ll be supporting adults with learning disabilities to live life to the full. You’ll do everything to make sure that people are empowered to make their own choices about their lives, are able to do the things that they would like to do and are supported in areas that they need.
This could involve a large number of activities and you’ll need to be flexible to make sure that the support that we offer is personalised to the individual’s needs and wishes. You will also support small groups of members to go out with their friends.
- What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will complete your Level 2 in Adult Care. We will also provide varied e-learning and other on the job training such as safeguarding, first aid, food hygiene and health and safety.
- What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship is an ideal place to start your social care career and will enable you to go on to a range of care and support roles; in residential care, in people’s homes or in the community. You would be able to undertake further social care qualifications.
Adult social care is a fast growing sector with lots of opportunities for career progression including management roles.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic IT, literacy and numerical skills
- Good time management
- Desire to learn
- Ability to use initiative
- Able to develop rapport with people with learning disabilities
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good team work skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of people with learning disabilities
- Have a passion for supporting people with learning disabilities
- Caring and considerate
- Calm under pressure
- Willing to try new things
- Uses initiative and creativity to make decisions
- Always looking for ways to improve service
- Committed to inclusion of people with learning disabilities in all aspects of community life
Level 2 English and Maths qualifications are desired.
Training and possibility of an employment contract.
Things to consider
This post will require an Enhanced DBS Disclosure Check, the cost of which will be met by Bexley Mencap as well as proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bexley Mencap is a small and dynamic local charity focused exclusively on supporting people with learning disability and their families. Our aim is that people with a learning disability are respected, valued and empowered to live life to the full.
We provide support and opportunities to people with learning disabilities and the people that care about them. We work to raise awareness, break down barriers and promote understanding within the community.
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Asma Jabeen Asma.Jabeen@ixionholdings.com
- Ixion Holdings will provide the Apprenticeship Standard.
- Ixion Holdings will complete functional skills where necessary.
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health and Safety, British Values and Equality and Diversity is embedded throughout the course
- E-learning including Care Certificate, Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and more. You would have full access to our e-learning with over 100 courses provided by a Skills for Care Centre of Excellence provider
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)