Apprentice Accident Repair Technician Bristol Street Motors
Vertu Motors Newcastle are looking for an Apprentice Accident Repair Technician to join their growing team. As an Accident Repair Technician the role holder will spend most of their time in the workshop carrying out body repair and rectification work, on motor vehicles (cars and light commercial vans).
Closing date: 27 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Jul 2022
22 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic Motor Vehicle Accident Repair Technician who will be trained to repair all elements of a vehicle after it has sustained some type of damage. Depending on the type of damage sustained, a technician is expected to undertake complex and detailed repair or replacement of major structural elements of a vehicle.
Typically, our Accident Repair Technicians work in a modern, highly technical workshop environment, working on a broad range of vehicles, from cars and vans to light commercial vehicles. Vertu Technicians are competent in all aspects of vehicle accident repair, including:
- Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET)
- Panel Repair & Replacement
- Preparation and Paint
Additionally, an Accident Repair Technician is able to work with detailed and complex technical repair specifications and instructions, and, at times, obtain these instructions from a range of sources. Our Accident Repair Technicians, from day one embraces the need to put complete customer satisfaction, as well as commercial awareness, at the centre of everything they do. The ability to excel whilst working within a team is a key output for any Accident Repair Technician. Come and join us to start and build a very rewarding career here at Vertu Motors.
Requirements and prospects
- Maintains a flexible (yet not subservient) style when interacting with others
- Willing to adapt to changes easily
- Prepared to revise their thinking and strategies as new information becomes available
- Fits their behaviour to suit the needs of the situation
- Maintains a positive demeanour before and during change
Knowledge and Skills (professional expertise and technology):
- Important knowledge and skills essential to the job role (Job Specific)
- Deeply knowledgeable about organisational issues
- Understands the interactions between departments and able to identify the problems and opportunities within the organisations structure
- Has a good appreciation of the political climate of the organisation and has access and influence with decision makers and working knowledge of how they operate
- Consistently follows through on commitments to others
- Meets responsibilities head on without making excuses
- Routinely works with persistence to achieve agreed objectives
- Understands their own responsibilities and personal takes ownership of their own performance
- Regularly demonstrates a pattern of achievement making them dependable to others
- Actively identifies own learning and development needs and opportunities
- Builds plans to address skill shortfalls
- Seeks opportunities to learn new things at work and uses colleague feedback to confirm learning
- Effective in applying new learning in a work context and learns from mistakes
- Maintains high ethical standards and is truthful, honest and trustworthy
- Shows respect to others and garners trust in return
- Whilst still being flexible, will challenge unethical behaviour and activity from others
GCSE Grade 9-4/A*-C or equivalent in maths and English. Science and ICT are desirable but not essential.
Potential permanent position upon successful completion of apprenticeship. On-going training opportunities, career progression, share incentive plan, 23 days holiday per year with an option to purchase additional days, contributory pension scheme and access to our Vertu Rewards platform, which gives online and instore discounts at over 900 retailers.
About the employer
If you want to work with one of the UK's biggest and most successful motor retailers, with the most up to date equipment, latest technology, and tools then this is perfect for you.
Following rapid growth, we have now created a dedicated division for our Accident Repair Centre’s as part of the Vertu Motors Group, which means it’s a very exciting time to join our team with the opportunity to contribute to our continued growth.
We believe that in order to be the best you need to have the best people in your team. You provide them with the highest quality training, reward them well and give them the opportunity to develop themselves and their career. These are cornerstones of how we run the Group and we deliver them to all colleagues today. What do we ask for in return? Well, it's simple really. We want Talent, Drive, Energy, Attitude and Character from you. If you have all of these then you will succeed with us.
Bristol Street Motors
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Nationally recognised qualifications IMI Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if required)
- Regular review and welfare visits from our assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace. Block release training to take place at EMTEC Colleges 8x weeks per academic year
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.