Engineering (Machinist) Apprenticeship Valen Fittings Ltd
The apprentices will be trained to operate various engineering machinery and conform to high specifications of all exotic materials and be involved in QA testing and control.
Closing date: 07 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
18 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The apprentices will be trained to:
- Operate various engineering machinery - lathes, CNC programming/setting, laser cutters
- Conform to high specifications of all exotic materials
- Quality Assurance testing and control
- Follow Health & Safety codes of practice in the workplace
Requirements and prospects
- Experience is not necessary but you should be able to demonstrate your interest in engineeering, either through studies or hobbies
- Good attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communications
- Good numeracy skills
- Able to work independently as well as with others
- Willingess to learn and continually develop
Grade A*-C/9-4, minimum at GCSE or equivalent.
There will be the opportunity for full-time employment at the company and progression to HNC/HND for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Please ensure you are able to travel to Aldridge WS9 8UG as part of your college training.
About the employer
Founded in 1976 Valen Fittings Ltd has over 30 years experience in the manufacture of large diameter butt-weld fittings. Their portfolio now extends to customers around the world.
As our expertise in making fittings and pipe has grown, we have twice expanded our production plant. We now have a dedicated area for the manufacture of welded pipe in bespoke lengths to suit your exact requirements, saving you the expense of purchasing random lengths.
The development of the company has focused on manufacturing high-quality products with very short lead-times, whether for standard or non-standard items, or for order quantities large and small. Our ability to produce consistently high-quality fittings has been strengthened over the years as we have gained experience supplying many major projects in a wide variety of grades, sizes and thicknesses.
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686 firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a four year engineering apprenticeship and will require the successful apprentice to attend college, In-Comm Training Services - Aldridge WS9 8UG, 2 1/2 days per week for the first two years and 2 1/2 days per week at the company site. After this you will attend college one day per week for the remaining 2 years. The training will include:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Conducting Business Improvement Techniques (covered in induction)
- Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
- Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- Preparing & Using Lathes for Milling Machines
- Producing CAD Models (drawings) using a CAD System
- Producing Engineering Project Plans
- General Welding Applications
- Preparing & Using CNC Machining Centres
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.