Adult Social Care Apprentice David Lewis Centre
Working alongside experienced staff you will provide the highest standards of care and support for our Service Users, ensuring that they are treated with dignity and respect and that they develop and maintain daily living skills to the best of their ability. You will complete your qualification through a local provider but in the workplace.
Closing date: 26 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
17 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
In accordance with David Lewis policies, be familiar with and regularly refresh knowledge of the Aspects and Indicators of Abuse in relation to the protection and safeguarding of children/young people and vulnerable adults and to report all concerns, suspicions, allegations and incidents to the Lead Person without delay.
To ensure that all health and safety responsibilities are discharged to protect the health and safety of self, employees, service users and visitors and comply with best practice and legal requirements.
To administer basic first aid and CPR in line with training.
To promote Service Users’ right to confidentiality of information in accordance with the guidelines of Company Policy and Data Protection laws.
To work in accordance with all infection control policy and processes.
To assist with aspects of personal and intimate care as required for each Service User which may include but not be limited to -
- Dressing / Undressing
- Hair / Nail / Foot Care
- Domestic/ Clinical Waste Disposal
- Dental hygiene
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users, colleagues, families
- Familiar with and comfortable with ICT
- Willingness to work towards and complete Level 2 Apprenticeship in Adult Social Care
- Caring with a strong desire to work in a career to help and support others
- Person centred
- GCSE qualification in Maths and English to at least grade C (otherwise support will be given to achieve a Level 2 qualification in Application of Numbers and Literacy as part of the apprenticeship.
- Experience of working or volunteering with individuals with complex needs, learning disabilities, autism and epilepsy.
A full time position may be awarded after completion of the apprenticeship qualification.
About the employer
Our mission is to provide an excellent support service to individuals with learning disabilities in the meaningful transformation of their lives and achievement of their aspirations. We do this through our Residential and Day Services, our specialist on-site School and College, work training and supporting hobbies and interests. As one of the UK’s largest providers of care and education we deliver our services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Macclesfield College
Maxim Business Training 01625410000 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Qualification
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.