Care Assistant Apprentice Orders Of St John Trust Care Homes-Wiltshire
Impact Futures are recruiting apprentice care home staff on behalf of The Orders of St. John Care Trust. If you are helpful, patient and caring by nature, and are looking to progress within a career in adult care whilst gaining qualifications and experience at the same time, then we want to hear from you!
Closing date: 29 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
08 Aug 2022
17 Mar 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
Our Carers make a real difference to our residents every day; whether it’s helping them with their daily routines or personal care, providing companionship or joining in with the vast array of fun activities that take place in our homes, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring they are leading happy and fulfilled lives. You understand that some days might be challenging, but you’ll also laugh, have fun and make lasting memories with our residents. In joining us, you’ll also become part of our extended family. You’ll work alongside other team members who are passionate about providing care, warmth and kindness to all those who live and work in our homes.
We are currently recruiting for Carers in a residential home within the Melksham, SN12 postcode area.
Role responsibilities could include:
- Assisting with residents' personal care
- Assisting with residents' mealtimes
- Providing companionship
- Ensuring residents' safety
- Delivering a high quality of care at all times
If you’ve worked in care before, then that’s great as you’ll have a good idea of what to expect. But if care as a profession is new to you, then don’t worry – we’ll provide all the training you need to start your care journey with us, all delivered in a nurturing, engaging and rewarding environment.
What’s more important to us is that you’re good at communicating with people, you enjoy working as part of a team, you’ll be keen to learn and will want to excel at your job every day.
If you think you have the right skills and attitude to deliver the highest quality of care for our residents as a care assistant within our care homes, then you could be the next to join us. So apply now and get your career started with us today!
Requirements and prospects
- You will be organised
- Excellent communication skills.
- You will be helpful, patient, caring by nature
- No qualifications are required; full training will be given
- You will achieve a Level 2 Adult Care Worker certification upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme
Things to consider
What do we offer our Care and Support Workers?
- No mandated Covid-19 vaccination policy (we welcome applications from both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals)
- An industry leading rate of pay, in excess of £10 per hour
- Higher rates of pay at weekends
- £3000 of fully funded Apprenticeship training
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- A workplace pension
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card and “My Rewards” programme, offering you discounts on shopping, days out, restaurants and much more.
- Care Worker Charity membership for well-being and financial aid
About the employer
The Order of St. Johns Care Trust is a great place to work; we’ve been providing care for almost 1,000 years and we’re currently the second largest not-for-profit provider in the UK. Not-for-profit means that we reinvest every penny we make into our residents, colleagues and the care homes we live and work in. Therefore, we offer a great range of benefits, including a competitive salary, training and development. Alongside keeping their colleagues safe with PPE and daily testing.
Orders Of St John Trust Care Homes-Wiltshire
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Impact Futures
Rebecca Barnes email@example.com
Over the course of 15 months, you will study modules such as personal development in care settings, the responsibilities of a care worker, handling information in care settings, implementing person-centred care plans, safeguarding & protection in care settings, duty of care in care settings, communication in care settings, equality & inclusion in care settings and health & safety and wellbeing in care settings (these units may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 2 qualification and a TQUK Diploma in Care.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.