Dental Nurse Apprentice The Melton Clinic
A fantastic opportunity is available to work and train towards becoming a fully qualified Dental Nurse at the five-star rated, The Melton Clinic. Could this be the role you have been looking for? Apply now!
Closing date: 24 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
16 Mar 2022
Level 3 (A level)
If you want to work in a friendly environment where opportunities are offered, skills are stretched and excellence is rewarded, you might be exactly what we’re looking for.
We put our staff at the heart of everything we do and so all employees are part of the rewards and benefits scheme we offer.
The Dental Nurse Apprenticeship role will include the following day to day duties and responsibilities. It is a varied role in which you will have the opportunity to assist in every aspect of the clinic’s offering.
Jobs will include:
- Keeping the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Using all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Reception duties
- Assisting the GP’s, Aesthetic doctors and wellbeing practitioners should you wish to
Requirements and prospects
- We are seeking a person with excellent communication skills, who has the ability to adapt to meet the needs of the patients in surgery. You will also need to be IT literate
- Our ideal candidate will have a professional approach with a mature and hardworking attitude. They must be organised, flexible and keen to learn
- Must be a people person
The successful candidate will need to be reliable, punctual, well presented and have the ability to adapt to situations as they arise. You will need to have energy, enthusiasm and the willingness to learn new skills and complete the Apprenticeship course to become a qualified Dental Nurse.
English and maths GCSE grade C+/4/5 or above, or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications are a mandatory requirement for this role.
Most employers working with Leicester College are keen to offer permanent employment to a reliable, hardworking individual based on their performance throughout their Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
As from 1st April 2022 the Apprentice NMW will be £4.81 per hour. This applies to 16–18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Interview, closing date possible start dates are only a guideline as interviews for this position will be held on an ongoing basis, therefore the start date could alter as the vacancy will close as soon as a successful candidate is selected.
Applications will only be accepted through the apprenticeship online system not directly through the employer.
About the employer
The Melton Clinic is a multi-speciality clinic, in the heart of Melton Mowbray, specialising in General and Cosmetic Dentistry, Facial Aesthetics, Private GP and Wellbeing Services.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Linda Barbour 07825175730 firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Dental Nurse Apprenticeship.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.